Is it possible to break all objects on a sim with a script ?

Laurent Bechir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

While there are various ways to crash a region destroying one is a whole different thing.

In my opinion - outside of bugs or mistakes by the person owning/managing/building the region - I've not seen any recent evidence of someone else being able to destroy a build, and it's an absolute certainty that news of any such exploit would spread about quite quickly. Based on that I'd say it's yet another a false rumour without any basis of fact. One to ignore.

However, assuming they found a way to exploit a bug then (as long as you are on a private estate) you can ask for a rollback. If you do need to do this try to get the ticket in quickly, the longer you wait the more chance the Lab can't restore the backups. You would be SOL if you are on mainland.

Honestly, I've run my land as open rez for 12 years and not had many unexpected problems. Most people respect trust if it's given (most) and for those that don't a ban without reaction is the way. Would removing rez save you, I doubt it.

• Thanks 1

I agree almost 100% with Callum.  I've never heard of any exploit that can turn objects physical...the only way I know to do that is for the object owner to edit them herself.

But, that said, restricting object rezzing and object entry can prevent griefers from putting a lot of stuff on your land that can annoy you in OTHER ways!

Can it be done simply no. It would require them to trick you to giving them edit rights to your objects or to be added to the sim build rights, being able to delete or move items or add items to the sim.

there is no way they can do this on their own. it would require them passing an object to you that might have asked for permissions. so again no, no normal griefer could just do as you are fearing.

If you have rez rights enabled on the sim, turn on auto-return and set it low enough that it would clear out any grief attack within a reasonable time 2 hours or less.

• Thanks 1

scripts can make a linkset physical but that person with the script would need edit rights to that person first to be able to put the script into the root prim.
There are security measures in place to prevent random people from destroying someone else's objects without prior consent which is being friends with that random person and then giving that random person rights to edit his/her objects.

there is a tool that has been used over the years in the combat community known widely to the community as "the wigglecock" what it does is it essentially breaks the connection from the sim to the asset server. This makes it impossible for objects to play animations, rez object, and do anything really, all without lagging the sim and without permissions from anybody. it was an exploit that was figured out by a guy named Syrinx (infinite.rage) and was last used by Velani Karu last week if I'm not mistaken. 

Did you upset any bronies or furries recently? The only group I know of (that still even uses it lol) is a group called TKOI/TIAF which is a primarily furry/pony military group (yeah... a mouthful isn't it) they usually dress up in bright red and purple armor.

there is also apparently a way to make sim builds physical via similar exploits however that's only a rumor. if there ever was a community it'd be invented/used it would be the SLMC. and i've not ever seen anything like that happen. only mistrusting people and giving the wrong people rights has ended up in builds physdelinked.

Edited by Parx Oran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.