Land Scam?

RileyAdare

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, I recently purchased a home that was available for rent. Upon the initial purchase everything seemed okay, except that I never

got a group invite and therefore couldn't place anything on the land. I contacted everyone I could about this, and thus far no one has replied. The rental expires in two days and I've never even been in it, lol. There's about 850 lindens out the window. It could certainly be worse, and I'm sure I'll never see that money again, but I'm wondering if there's anyone to report this to? I know it's not a huge amount, but I would like to have that money back.

892162245df6a8973e28e98ecbe8cc80.pnge

Edited by RileyAdare

2 answers to this question

First, you should remove the name of the business from your post.  "Naming and shaming" is against Forum rules.

Second...I'm sorry this has happened to you.  It does happen now and then, and it could be a scam...but it's more likely the owner has simply not been in world for a few days, due to Real Life.

You can continue to send notecards and IMs to the estate owner and any manager(s).  If and when you get a response, you might politely point out the amount of time you weren't able to use the place, and ask for an adjustment.  However, they are not required to give you one.  (One person I know who asked for an adjustment was actually kicked out by the landlord...but at least in her case, she got a full refund!)

You can submit an Abuse Report (in the viewer, Help/Report Abuse.  Use $L Fraud as the abuse category).  However, while you CAN report it, unless there's clear evidence this landlord is routinely taking money and failing to provide the promised service, LL is highly unlikely to do anything.  This appears to me to fall into the category of a "resident to resident dispute", and LL won't get involved.

This delay between paying rent and getting a group invitation is why I added a robot group inviter to my rental property.  The tenant gets a group invitation as soon as she pays a box, and doesn't have to wait for me to read my offline messages, log in, and send an invitation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

First, you should remove the name of the business from your post.  "Naming and shaming" is against Forum rules.

Thanks for the heads up, I went ahead and fixed the issue there. 

Anyway, I understand an owner not being online, but EVERY SINGLE MANAGER also being unavailable? Seems pretty suspicious. In the long run it's not a huge deal, but it is incredibly frustrating and was hoping for some kind of solution. I guess that's life.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.