Male mesh head suggestions

Edward Pearse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm very new to mesh heads, mainly because the range of options have been so limited. Since I started SL 12 years ago my avatar has had his looked based on Sean Connery. My initial slider attempts were pretty poor, but then I bought one of the celebrity lookalike shapes and have been pretty happy with that ever since.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on what mesh head to buy that would allow me to customise it to a reasonable Sean Connery lookalike.

Tips on customisation would also be welcome.

Thanks

From Russia With Love.jpg

I read a blog post about how to make a Donald Trump avatar. She mention that Session skins has a true to life skin applier for Trump, and also one for Putin.

I can not find these options on the Marketplace, so it might be worth it to check their Mainstore. Since they sell appliers for famous people, maybe they have a Sean Connery?

https://ryanschultz.com/2018/10/27/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-three-options-for-a-donald-trump-avatar-including-one-for-less-than-l500/

Still recommending Catwa heads, because they are the most versatile. If you want a gentleman avatar that is not a 20 something or an elderly 70, there are not so many skins.

But Gac Akina sell some interesting skins, he even have a Sean skin, I doubt it is Sean Connery. But this skin could look a lot like Sean Connery with darker eyebrows.

Stray Dog Sean Skin - TMD

And this skin, I think it can pass:

Stray Dog Gian Skin - MAN CAVE

• Like 1

Marianne has given some great advice and skin recommendations here, but I'll make one suggested change to them: the Catwa 'Stanley' head has much too strong and square a jawline for a Sean Connery shape, even with extensive slider changes. I'd suggest demoing the Catwa 'Daniel' head instead.

Another skin store to try, for more mature looks, is Session. The designer behind that store is the one who made the Putin & Trump skins that Marianne mentioned, but she also has many other male skins. None of them are in her Marketplace store, so you'll have to go inworld to pick up the demos, but you can see her Flickr here.

You can add further age lines with something like this wrinkles applier by Izzie's (it works for both male and female avatars), and Mister Razzor has salt-and-pepper facial hair appliers that work beautifully.

ETA: A couple of examples from my Flickr of how you can create a more mature look:

older_comp.png.401fe0c02cb6e25ae8cf8550641e8c48.png

On the left: Stray Dog "Sean" skin, Mister Razzor "Jeffrey" facial hair, Catwa "Daniel" head.

On the right: Stray Dog "Gian" skin, Izzie's "Wrinkles" applier, CDC Creations "Beard 05" facial hair, Catwa "Daniel" head.

Edited by Skell Dagger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.