👍Project 360 Places

Alyona Su

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I found out that my issue was my laptop being too slow, eventually the save window came up and I could save a test pic of my place. Sadly I think Flickr doesn't display it with good quality like other websites.

Quality looks poor though 😞

Edited by Sylvannas Zulaman
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, animats said:

Yes, wide curved monitors are real, and getting cheaper. They give FPS players an edge, so they sell.

The next step up is this:

home1-dome.jpg

The Igloo. Full 360 degree images. Now that's how to view a panorama. Mostly seen at trade shows for now. Holodecks are getting closer.

That is awesome! I want a holodeck. In my house!

14 hours ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

I found out that my issue was my laptop being too slow, eventually the save window came up and I could save a test pic of my place. Sadly I think Flickr doesn't display it with good quality like other websites.

Quality looks poor though 😞

I love this! Yes, the way the LL viewer does it (all the stitching work and everything) for you, it can take a bit. I have a pretty decent desktop system and it still take a few seconds after capturing the image for the preview to show up, then the save window :)

• Like 1

Here is Sanctuary Forest (China) - as those who've seen my "China" locations you may be seeing the "sanctuary" theme a lot. The Mongols were aggressive, the Chinese not so much :)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Erwin/183/90/25

As for the quality at Flickr - it's definitely a Flickr thing - the same image is much higher quality on other sites. I think it's also the FOV setting the Flickr "panorama engine" uses, too. It also doesn't help that the image is wide (it adds more distortion) - but I suppose it is what it is.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.