i have a thinkpad t61p, the Graphics card is a nvidia quadro fx 570m, and it crashes constantly

LucySojourn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

my operating system is 64 bit win 7,ive tried every deiver change, nothing works. start any viewer then after about 10 min or so my screen freezes or the computer just shuts off, most of the time i cant even send crash reports. does anyone have any ideas.

2 answers to this question

Nvidia Quadro are designed as workstation graphics cards for CAD applications and the like not gaming cards and their performance in Second Life can vary from working great to not working at all depending on the card and setup. Linden Lab does say in System Requirements that compatibility is uncertain and it does not support the use of Quadro cards.

The FX570M is based on the 8600GT and while the latter should work fine with Second Life, it looks like you're out of luck with it's Quadro derivative, probably due to Open GL issues. You could try playing around with various graphics settings and see if you can improve matters. I know some people have got Thinkpad T61s to work in Second Life but not sure what Quadro card was installed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.