is there easy sandbox to find and will open most things?

Sandra8675

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've watched so many videos and tried to read several articles on sandboxes and I'm still confused...

Is there a sandbox that is easy to get to and will open most things?

I'm new...  What does it mean to clean up the sandbox?  Are there open boxes or something that need to be deleted?

12 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

I've watched so many videos and tried to read several articles on sandboxes and I'm still confused...

I'm new...  What does it mean to clean up the sandbox?  Are there open boxes or something that need to be deleted?

Search sandbox inworld.  There are lots.  Clean up means don't leave your boxes laying around after you open something.  Be a responsible resident and clean up your own stuff 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

A sandbox allow you to place boxes on the ground so you can open them to unpack items you bought. This "box" can look like anything, from a plain crate to a truck.

Because it is often inconvenient to teleport to a sandbox, many designers use different ways of unpacking things. They often have "wear" or "add" in the item description. They often appear as a shopping bag or something you hold in your hands. Some start the unpacking directly. Some want you to click it, some give you a menu where you must click "unpack".

But you ask for old school ways of open stuff, where you place it on the ground. Most of these demand action from you, that you click it and select open, then copy to inventory.

I have used Edtech Island sandbox. It is okay to use. http://world.secondlife.com/place/e5a056ff-c8d2-4b16-9b03-d376e5470d18

If you land on the road, walk out on the open sand area.

Cleaning up means that you delete what you have placed there before you leave. Most times by deleting them, or else you can take them back in your inventory.

This is courtesy to the sandbox owner and the others who use the sandbox. A land can not hold an infinite number of items, we call them prims, but the 100% correct term is land impact. So you pick up your stuff when you are done, so it's not counting as land impact.. As long as it is on the ground, we say it's "rezzed" it is taking up land impact.

Sandbox owners know people forget it, so they set land to "auto return" so it is cleaned every 2, 3 or 4 hour. But it is still nice and polite to clean up after you, but if you crash and are logged out in a sandbox, it is no disaster. It will eventually be cleaned up.

• Like 4

You can try typing sandbox in to map there are plenty of LL owned sandboxes other sandboxes I've used little blue Island and hobo Island 

When you use a sandbox if you rez stuff either unpack with right click open or test things out. There are tools out there such as the free version of mystitool that will rez a sky platform so you can find a bit of privacy and space in the sky to unbox and test things or some viewers Rez a platform for you. It's courtesy to remove your items when you are finished but they always have a good few hours before your items are automatically returned to you if something prevents you from cleaning up

If you need to quickly unbox something there are lots of rez zones on Linden roads the sim Cheju has one they have a much shorter return time than sandboxes 

Caledon Oxbridge University has a sandbox area that's open to everyone.  Also, you can rez objects in the Mens and Womens changing rooms, which is very handy for unpacking and trying on clothes.  The sandbox area can be reached via a teleport disk just to the right as you exit the arrival hall.  The changing rooms are reached via a set of teleport doors that are around the building to the left as you exit the arrival hall.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/11/2019 at 6:05 AM, Marianne Little said:

A sandbox allow you to place boxes on the ground so you can open them to unpack items you bought. This "box" can look like anything, from a plain crate to a truck.

Because it is often inconvenient to teleport to a sandbox, many designers use different ways of unpacking things. They often have "wear" or "add" in the item description. They often appear as a shopping bag or something you hold in your hands. Some start the unpacking directly. Some want you to click it, some give you a menu where you must click "unpack".

But you ask for old school ways of open stuff, where you place it on the ground. Most of these demand action from you, that you click it and select open, then copy to inventory.

I have used Edtech Island sandbox. It is okay to use. http://world.secondlife.com/place/e5a056ff-c8d2-4b16-9b03-d376e5470d18

If you land on the road, walk out on the open sand area.

Cleaning up means that you delete what you have placed there before you leave. Most times by deleting them, or else you can take them back in your inventory.

This is courtesy to the sandbox owner and the others who use the sandbox. A land can not hold an infinite number of items, we call them prims, but the 100% correct term is land impact. So you pick up your stuff when you are done, so it's not counting as land impact.. As long as it is on the ground, we say it's "rezzed" it is taking up land impact.

Sandbox owners know people forget it, so they set land to "auto return" so it is cleaned every 2, 3 or 4 hour. But it is still nice and polite to clean up after you, but if you crash and are logged out in a sandbox, it is no disaster. It will eventually be cleaned up.

Imagine that ...a dead link

http://world.secondlife.com/place/e5a056ff-c8d2-4b16-9b03-d376e5470d18  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.