Sandra8675

don't know why I could not open all adult clothing inventory in newbie section

I went to the destination where newbies can get help.  I can't remember the name if it right now.

When I went a SL help person helped me find a fitting room to open inventory I bought for free.

I tried very hard to only buy things that were meant for a classic body.  But, I think out of everything I got only 3-4 items opened.  Everything else I did not see.

Are there any suggestions for why this may have happened?  I know I bought 10 things.  Is it possible I can't open everything in the newbie destination that are clothing items from the adult section?

39 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

I went to the destination where newbies can get help.  I can't remember the name if it right now.

When I went a SL help person helped me find a fitting room to open inventory I bought for free.

I tried very hard to only buy things that were meant for a classic body.  But, I think out of everything I got only 3-4 items opened.  Everything else I did not see.

Are there any suggestions for why this may have happened?  I know I bought 10 things.  Is it possible I can't open everything in the newbie destination that are clothing items from the adult section?

Try to link to the Marketplace, so I can see if the ad gives some hint about how it will be opened.

If you got it in a freebie place, I can't log in and check now. I am going to work soon. Try to ask the help person, how you shall open boxed items.

Have you read this?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

Is it possible I can't open everything in the newbie destination that are clothing items from the adult section? 

This shouldn't affect your ability to open things.

I'm a little confused by whats actually going on. Your title suggests that you struggle with opening content, then it sounds like you aren't sure, if you see the items you brought and then it reads like you brought ten items, but have only 3 or 4 recieved.

None of those issues is concerning the adult rating at all. A little bit more information would be helpful. What did you buy and did you buy it on the marketplace or within SL? Have you checked, if the items went to another folder? Sometimes new brought items are in the object folder, in the section for recieved items or directly in your main inventory. Try using the search function within your inventory, to look for the names of the items.

Some items when you buy them will send them directly to your inventory as a folder. search your inventory for the items you bought and see if they may have been sent as a ready to use folder with the items inside them.

Some items when you buy them will be sent in a box/item you have to either wear the box/item or rez it and then open it. Then copy the items to your inventory.

Some items when you buy them will be sent in a box/item that when you wear them pr rez them on ground will automatically copy them to your inventory to a folder and ready to use.

Oh and some items may send another item that you then have to wear or rez to get the item you were wanting. ie; wear item one to get item 2, open item 2 to get your actual item.

So I suggest going and looking in your inventory for any new folders or objects you might not have had or seen or that are named similar to what you bought and look in them.

Region, parcel rating does not affect what can or cannot be rezed in the area other as long as you do have rez rights for the area.  So yes you can open adult items in a G sim; you might just get booted if you try to wear/use the adult items in the G sim.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Like 1

One other possibility is that the package is a HUD or super slim package, and textured as invisible on all except one side.  Thus if you rez said items, then you may need to spin your camera around the area where you think the item is - you may only be able to see it from a certain side.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

This shouldn't affect your ability to open things.

I'm a little confused by whats actually going on. Your title suggests that you struggle with opening content, then it sounds like you aren't sure, if you see the items you brought and then it reads like you brought ten items, but have only 3 or 4 received.

None of those issues is concerning the adult rating at all. A little bit more information would be helpful. What did you buy and did you buy it on the marketplace or within SL? Have you checked, if the items went to another folder? Sometimes new brought items are in the object folder, in the section for received items or directly in your main inventory. Try using the search function within your inventory, to look for the names of the items.

I appreciate you trying to answer my question...  But, I did try to be as clear as possible while still being a new person.  If the 'rating' of the items I'm trying to open can be opened in 'any sandbox' I did not know.  That was the basis for my question.  My title 'suggests' I struggled opening the content because I in fact did.  I'm not 'unsure' if I had a problem opening the boxes.  I know I had a problem.  The items may be located somewhere I'm simply not viewing because I'm still learning the system.  As far as the items I bought...  I did state in the original post, 'clothing items from the adult section.'  I did attempt the search function several times but in my experience it does not seem to be able to locate the items I know I bought.  I'm new and there are many details to the avatar, the inventory specifically and learning how to locate items.  I appreciate your patience.

The rating of land will not impact your ability to rez an item there.  You might get in trouble for rezzing an adult item in a General sim, but it would rez (as long as you have the right to rez there at all).

1 hour ago, Sandra8675 said:

I appreciate you trying to answer my question...  But, I did try to be as clear as possible while still being a new person.  If the 'rating' of the items I'm trying to open can be opened in 'any sandbox' I did not know.  That was the basis for my question.  My title 'suggests' I struggled opening the content because I in fact did.  I'm not 'unsure' if I had a problem opening the boxes.  I know I had a problem.  The items may be located somewhere I'm simply not viewing because I'm still learning the system.  As far as the items I bought...  I did state in the original post, 'clothing items from the adult section.'  I did attempt the search function several times but in my experience it does not seem to be able to locate the items I know I bought.  I'm new and there are many details to the avatar, the inventory specifically and learning how to locate items.  I appreciate your patience.

Ah, it is not so easy for us either. Linden Lab let all users be content creators if they wish, and so we have this enormous, confusing system of what the merchants will make and how they will deliver it.

Somehow it was easier in the old days, when it was either a folder delivered, or a box you have to open by clicking it, choose open and copy to inventory. Just two ways.

So when we reply, we try to tell you all the different ways you can unpack and find what you got in your inventory.

I think, and maybe I got it wrong, that you bought clothes, and you can't find your purchase(s)? You only found 3-4 out of 10?

If you buy from the Marketplace, it goes in the Received Items folder. Scroll down to "After you buy" in this section: https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/shopping-in-the-second-life-marketplace-r86/

If you buy from a vendor inworld, the purchase can either be in a folder in your inventory, or in a box under the section "Objects". If you choose the "Recent" items tab on the top of your inventory, you find only things you purchased since last log off. I find it better to change that to purchases the last two days.

Select the "Recent" tab. Click the "Cogwheel" symbol. Choose "Show filters". Make sure all the boxes are checked. Change the "Newer than.... days" to 1 or 2. Or if you bought something 3 days ago, to 3 or so. You can always reset it to 0 if you want.

When you have the "Cogwheel" open, also make sure the inventory is sorted like this: "Sort System folders to top" and "Sort by most Recent". I never use any of the two sort by name options. This way, the inventory always show the system folders to the top, and under the "Trash" folder, my purchases with the newest one on top.

All this sorting helps you locate the newest purchases, that includes the newest things you unpacked.

I am sorry if I misunderstood, but this is how I interpret "it does not seem to be able to locate the items I know I bought"

• Like 1