Sandra8675

Why do some clubs speak to me with voice when entering?

In the mist of my strolling in and out of clubs I noticed about 3 club people spoke to me with RL voice when I entered.

I don't wish to speak in voice at all ever.

Is it to be understood that if someone speaks to you in voice that I must also speak in voice?

I have read over the rules at different clubs about this and it seems to me that you only have to speak in voice during sex acts.  So, the way I'm understanding it - it seems it is ok for me on only answer in text when I enter a club and for my entire stay there as long as I do not have sex with anyone... 

Am I correct in understanding this?  Or, am I totally wrong?

You are correct. You can even turn off volume so you never hear it. Voice, stream, sounds all have separate volume controls.

Some people use voice everywhere they can.  Some people prefer not to.  It might have even been a DJ  who greets all guests on mic.  Replying in local chat when greeted on voice is perfectly acceptable

55 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

In the mist of my strolling in and out of clubs I noticed about 3 club people spoke to me with RL voice when I entered.

I don't wish to speak in voice at all ever.

Is it to be understood that if someone speaks to you in voice that I must also speak in voice?

I have read over the rules at different clubs about this and it seems to me that you only have to speak in voice during sex acts.  So, the way I'm understanding it - it seems it is ok for me on only answer in text when I enter a club and for my entire stay there as long as I do not have sex with anyone... 

Am I correct in understanding this?  Or, am I totally wrong?

Do you have a white dot over your head? That means you have not turned off the voice. Some hosts will greet you in voice when they see that white dot. They think: "Aha, she has voice on, she will be addressed in voice".

To turn off voice, see this:

Use what you want, voice or text. But unless you disable voice and get the white dot away, people will be confused if you don't want to use it.

27 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Do you have a white dot over your head? That means you have not turned off the voice. Some hosts will greet you in voice when they see that white dot. They think: "Aha, she has voice on, she will be addressed in voice".

To turn off voice, see this:

Use what you want, voice or text. But unless you disable voice and get the white dot away, people will be confused if you don't want to use it.

Thanks...  I do always answer in text.  Usually its a club person saying 'welcome to the club'.  I will check out the white dot thing.  I think I was just surprised when a real person said something to me in real voice.  I was not expecting it.

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Some people use voice everywhere they can.  Some people prefer not to.  It might have even been a DJ  who greets all guests on mic.  Replying in local chat when greeted on voice is perfectly acceptable

If I was greeted in voice, I'd never even notice because I don't have the voice options turned on.  I do watch chat when I enter a club so that I can respond to any chat greetings.

2 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

I have read over the rules at different clubs about this and it seems to me that you only have to speak in voice during sex acts

One note on this -- Some clubs require their sex workers to use voice, but otherwise, you are never 'required' to use voice during sex or any other time.  Back in my early SL days, I had plenty of sexual encounters, but never used voice once.  All of it was via simple IM dialog.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Back in my early SL days, I had plenty of sexual encounters,

you can do da secks in SL?  who knew! 👼

• Haha 1