Which mesh bodies have a lot of clothes available for them AND a good maternity form?

callistanull

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm considering getting a mesh body for everyday use. I've resisted that until now - I LIKE the classic avatar and it's simpler to work with - but more and more of the best clothes are made for mesh now, so I might switch. What I'm looking for is one that has a very good maternity shape even at full term available, and a large selection of clothes (both maternity and regular) made for that body without the painted-on look of appliers.

I'm not fussy about compatibility with other mesh body parts, since I don't have any and probably won't get any unless they're included with the body package.

Which ones would you recommend trying out? I couldn't get Maitreya Lara to look right past five months or so, otherwise it would have worked well (maybe I'm missing how to change the shapes correctly? up until now my avatar customization has mostly been "swap out the hair and move the shape sliders"). The SelinA bodies look great but it's hard to find clothes made specifically to fit them.

SelinA is the best for a growing belly, but clothing is almost impossible to find. Eve has a pregnancy belly (full term only) as well as specially clothing for it, but other clothing made for it is rare. Lena Lush had a maternity version but is an overall bigger body, and clothing, again, is an issue. 

Try Belleza Isis. Shape sliders (should) work up to a similar point as Maitreya, but more importantly, Apple May makes a fitted mesh belly for it. Five sizes (included in one package), omega compatible. Still, sadly, no mesh clothing for it, but the shape is lovely. 

As for Maitreya (and Belleza, actually), don't forget the body thickness and body fat sliders. They are essential for getting a decent maternity shape without resorting to extra mesh parts, especially body fat. Also, for full term, the Lab 737 belly has a lovely shape and is also omega compatible. (If you use it, remember to slide belly fat back down to 0; it doesn't work well with the belly fat slider!) Again, limited to applier clothing. 

Either of the above bodies without an add-on will work with fitmesh clothing made for the body, although some clothing will distort. I found that tight clothing works best; looser items distort more, in my experience, as the belly size increases. Less noticeable in tight tops or bodycon dresses. 

Also look for a skin with less definition in the belly area. If possible, try for one with a "fat" or "curvy" option or add-on. Won't help the shape, but it definitely helps the overall look.

(I know you were looking to primarily wear mesh clothing, but the add-ons were worth a mention both for you and for others who might be looking for maternity ideas.)

Edited by Ariel Vuissent

A friend of mine who owns both the Maitreya Lara and Belleza Freya bodies, but normally wears Lara, swapped over the Freya for the duration of her pregnancy as she said it was easier to get a natural belly with that body; but that she still got Lara looking good when playing around with shapes. So make of that what you will.

What I will say though is that your mesh body purchase will last you long after your pregnancy, so you have to consider "normal" use too. And the sad fact is that Lara is utterly dominant, almost everything made these days will fit that body. Freya and Slink's Hourglass have really good support, and will be fine with most clothing, while the rest of the "big 6" (Slink Physique and Belleza Isis and Venus) have good but not support. Anything else and you will struggle to find clothing. How important this factor is will be up to you.

My advice? Try making the shapes you want from Lara and Freya/Isis demos, and use the clothing availability as a "tie breaker" if you're having trouble deciding between the options.

• Like 1

It's very possible to get a nice prego belly with the Maitreya all the way through the eighth month of the pregnancy. I can get a passable looking belly even for the ninth but it's just not as pretty and I typically suggest not being naked all that much during that month. :) 

If you join the Maitreya Lara Friends group and get the Proportion Tool kit that is offered free in group notices, you will find a pregnancy helper in the kit as well. I (Debi Baskerville) made the proportion tools and the pregnancy helper. It will show you which sliders to change and how much to change for each month of pregnancy in order to keep the belly from looking pointed instead of round. 

I suggest you join the group and get the tools and then play with the Maitreya demo to see if you like the results. The nice thing about just using sliders to make your belly is that all your fitmesh clothing will adjust to the belly and you won't need to buy special maternity clothing. If you need help just message me, Blush Bravin or Debi Baskerville, in-world.

• Thanks 1

I created a folder with my own pregnancy shapes for each month making the belly and other areas a little bigger as the months went on, then each month I would just go into that folder and click the month of my term. My husband created them for me actually being the mathematical genius he is. I have a slink physique mesh body. Ariel is correct though about the clothes, good luck finding those, I found a few cute maternity outfits but they are hard to find for sure. 

• 1 year later...

Instead of alerting my shap, i have a maitreya lara body i use a hud called NeNy pregnancy hud that allows you to change your stomach shape throughout your pregnancy, it works great i have also used it previously with my slink hourglass body

22 hours ago, unicorn123456788 said:

i have thw mamaalpha belly and its mesh... where can i find clothes for that? honestly i didnt think it would be this hard.

There probably aren't any, unless the creators of the mamaalpa belly have made some themselves. If it's omega-compatible you can use appliers or switch to BOM to use layer & flexi clothing. If it's not omega, and not modifyable, you'll have to either remain naked throughout your pregnancy, or find a different solution.

That said; there are pregnancy clothes in mesh that themselves have the bump built-in to them. If you wear those, you don't need any kind of belly underneath, so you can just take it off.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.