Touch lag

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have just experienced some strange behaviour in an island running SecondLife Server 18.12.05.522294.

I have a parcel monitor prim that when touched should give me a dialog menu. I logged in and touched it but got no dialog. I logged out, logged back in, touched it several times, and still had no dialog. I used a right-click on the object to open it and reset the main script, which then caused the other scripts to chat out their stored contents, showing that they were all still functioning and receiving link messages.

When I went to the work area and right-clicked the job and selected edit, the missing dialog menus appeared, and had to be dismissed one by one.

The last time I was logged in was before the Tuesday/Wednesday rolling restarts, but it is the same server version that was deployed on the 18th of December. mDoes anybody have any similar experiences?

Check script runtime. Was the sim recently restarted? Scripts and other aspects (rezzing, etc.) can take a little while to get back up to speed. Though your description looks a lot (almost exactly like) an issue that another person reported. And in their case, it turned out there were too many scripts running on the region.

Scripts figures seem fine (now), and all the other things here are working perfectly, and were working perfectly when I saw this probkem. What it reminds me of was something I noticed in the sandbox recently, when the highlighting on an object remained for nearly a minute after I'd stopped editing it, but this seems slightly different from that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.