What Happens to My Inventory When I Downgrade?

Lana207ave

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

Absolutely.   Pick things up one at a time and put them back in your inventory.  If you pick everything up in a lump, they will be dumped in ibnventory as a single coalesced object, which you will have to unpack later.  VERY annoying.

BTW, when you indicate that you want to downgrade, it will not be immediate.  All Premium fees are prepaid, so you will be a Premium member with all of the privileges until the end of the period that you have already prepaid for.  You may still use the Premium sandbox, get premium perk gifts, use Live Chat ....  The only thing you may not do is own Mainland property..  You may of course rent anywhere, or may buy a private estate.

27 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Note that you pay tier for the month PREVIOUSLY so if you don't want to pay tier after you downgrade you need to release (sell or give back) your land  at least a  MONTH before your premium membership stops. Otherwise you will get charged.

Hmmmm... I am on an annual membership that renews in a few days. Is the above still an issue?

1 hour ago, Lana207ave said:

Hmmmm... I am on an annual membership that renews in a few days. Is the above still an issue?

Yes as a friend of mine  found out :D.   

If you just have a 1024 then it is only $4 now I think so not a biggie. A LARGE piece of land could be very expensive.   

Actually the tier date on your land is listed in your backend account on the web.

Land costs can get very confusing. You an chat up support to make sure you understand the rules 

NOTE that if you are in a Linden home, this apparently isn't an issue.

Just be sure and check for some official word if you think it may be a problem. 

1 hour ago, Lana207ave said:

I would go ahead and downgrade as you were planning, but it might be worth checking with support about (you can still use Live Chat until the annual membership has expired).  Even then, logging into your dashboard and checking your account summary info a day or two after expiration would also probably be a good idea. (The bottom section of that where it shows land used in the last billing period and how much is due - if any - and when it's due). 

5 hours ago, Lana207ave said:

Ahhh... OK. I just had one of the linden homes that they give you when you upgrade. But thanks for the details folks. 

😀

those count as 512m² worth of land holding Tier, so be sure to abandon them before downgrading.

The only thing you must think of are groups, you won't be able to join a new one until you drop to 41. (to join the last 42th non-premium  membership groups)

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.