Sandra8675

How would I locate these strip clubs?

Posted (edited)

I'm very new...  About 5 days old on SL...

I saw a video showing these strip clubs.  The youtube video I watched is only a month old so these clubs should be recent.  Can anyone tell me how to get to these?  I've never seen them on the 'destinations' section.  And when I use the 'search' feature its not locating these places either.

1.  La Maison

2.  Image 1.png 1a.png the name was not stated and I could not see any names in the club.  Is it called MANAGERS?

3.  Bishes club

4.  Plush

1.png

2.png

1a.png

Edited by Sandra8675

Posted (edited)

If you cannot find them in Places, it is entirely possible probable that they are closed and gone.  Many places in SL do not last a long time.  How old were the youtube videos?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you cannot find them in Places, it is entirely possible probable that they are closed and gone.  Many places in SL do not last a long time.  How old were the youtube videos?

The video was about 1 month old.

I came across the purple place by accident.  But, I did get ejected because I started dancing on a pole.  I thought it was ok because it was not in the main part of the room and thought the program would block me if it was not ok.

I am not surprised you got ejected. Dance poles in clubs are usually for hired dancers who get tips for dancing. Imagine walking into a random RL shop, stepping behind the till, and starting to ring up customers - same thing. 

On the whole, from your posts I see in this forum I would suggest that you learn to walk before you start to run - and I mean that in the friendliest possible way, because I appreciate your enthusiasm. Check out your viewer's settings and play around with them to see what happens (you can't break anything - as far as I know all changes can be re-set to factory settings, and if worst comes to worst you can always uninstall the viewer and reinstall it). Walk / fly / drive around Mainland to get to know the viewer's controls. Go to a few destinations - the destination guide is brilliant for that. Go to a few events (live music for example, great stuff there). Lurk a bit - see how people interact, see if the place you're at has rules, and what they are. If you find a place you like, see if there is a group which you can join - again, lurk a bit and see what the tone of the group is before you join the chat or ask questions. 

I know you want to jump straight into the pool - and at the adult end too, if I read this correctly - but while the above way may be slower, in the end it is more rewarding and will get you ejected from places a lot less for a start. 

And above all, have fun! 

Edited by Ginger Shostakovich
(correcting spelling errors)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ginger Shostakovich said:

I am not surprised you got ejected. Dance poles in clubs are usually for hired dancers who get tips for dancing. Imagine walking into a random RL shop, stepping behind the till, and starting to ring up customers - same thing. 

On the whole, from your posts I see in this forum I would suggest that you learn to walk before you start to run - and I mean that in the friendliest possible way, because I appreciate your enthusiasm. Check out your viewer's settings and play around with them to see what happens (you can't break anything - as far as I know all changes can be re-set to factory settings, and if worst comes to worst you can always uninstall the viewer and reinstall it). Walk / fly / drive around Mainland to get to know the viewer's controls. Go to a few destinations - the destination guide is brilliant for that. Go to a few events (live music for example, great stuff there). Lurk a bit - see how people interact, see if the place you're at has rules, and what they are. If you find a place you like, see if there is a group which you can join - again, lurk a bit and see what the tone of the group is before you join the chat or ask questions. 

I know you want to jump straight into the pool - and at the adult end too, if I read this correctly - but while the above way may be slower, in the end it is more rewarding and will get you ejected from places a lot less for a start. 

And above all, have fun! 

Well...  We can agree to disagree...  Because I am surprised I got ejected.  And I would normally not consider a SL establishment in a game to have the same rules, etc as a RL establishment.  But, now I am aware.  I'm used to other games that are simply not as detailed.  I can tell your advanced where as I am far from and am trying to get a grip on the basics.  There is a lot.  

16 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

Well...  We can agree to disagree...  Because I am surprised I got ejected.  And I would normally not consider a SL establishment in a game to have the same rules, etc as a RL establishment.  But, now I am aware.  I'm used to other games that are simply not as detailed.  I can tell your advanced where as I am far from and am trying to get a grip on the basics.  There is a lot.  

Do be careful if you are wanting to get a job in the industry.  A lot of these places use a networked security system and if you get banned from one, then you end up being banned from many.  Basically, in any club, unless there is a sign saying otherwise, assume that any dance poles are club use only and you must be an employee of the club to use them.  

Some places will use RL rules, some are looser and some are stricter.  Every place can set their own rules however they like, so you just never know until you either read the rules/info of a place or talk to folks.

• Like 2

One of them is easy to locate, just go through the SPAM "advertisements" in the adult events section of the Forums ;)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

Well, see, this isn't a game so much as a social platform (shush everyone, I know this is a can of worms). If you assume that all the people, ie avatars, that you see "in world" are also people behind a computer somewhere and not NPCs like in a computer game, you're not wrong (as usual, there are exceptions). And people make rules... 

I agree there is a lot to get to grips to when you're starting out. I may be in this for over 10 years now, but I know what it was like the first time I logged in. Stick with it, it's worth it. 

• Like 1

Also bear in mind that to get in the Destination Guide a club owner has to actually fill out a form and write something about their club - a lot of new owners can't write decent notices (sorry - pass a saucer of milk) or even know that's how they get in the guide.

Edited by Lyndka Cochrane
language was rubbish at 1st attempt