Are self made Gorean shields raid legal?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have seen in Gorean raid rules in every sim that a combatant may not use self made weapons. Does that include shields? I am wondering because unlike all other weapon types a shield's script is required to be the proprietary one provided by the GM Meter developers. This is a cheating preventive, and so there would not be a way to cheat by making one's own shield.

This question is almost certainly better asked in the Role Play forum. But I suspect that, really, you'll need to consult with whichever Gorean group you're playing with: there are (or at least were) a fair number of variants on Gor available in SL, ranging from hardcore to very liberal.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/320-role-play/

(Also, Gor? Really?)

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Hey! There's great satisfaction in downing a sleen with nothing but raw female cunning... and a pair of knitting needles.
502342195_SeamstressofGor3.thumb.png.964dbcfe50775a02c0a6e721c07d5079.png
I am Seamstress of Gor!!!

And this is why I love you, Maddy.

(I feel a strange stirring in my Richard Parkes. Must. Resist.)

• Thanks 1

Whatever answer you get, just remember that this is a planet that is orbiting the Sun directly opposite Earth, yet has never been noticed by NASA. Its inhabitants are capable of space travel and arresting or even reversing the ageing process, but still fight with swords. Everyone notices how little gravity it has, yet the men are all much stronger and more macho than on Earth. Doreen and Beverly are considered to be sexy names. Everyone talks like they're in A Clockwork Orange; I can't remember the exact name for slaves, but suffice to say it isn't a word, it's a band that had a hit in 1983 with Too Shy. Oh, and every single woman is stunning and begs for orgasm at the very sight of a ginger from Bristol called Tarl. I'm not making this up. Tarl. That's not a name. That's a knitting stitch.

I'm just asking you to bear all this in mind when you are given long lists of rules and regulations and told to take this all incredibly seriously.

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

Kajagoogoo! That's it. I knew it would come back to me. That's the Gorean word for a slave. A kajagoogoo.

I've just looked it up on Wikipedia, and apparently the band created the name by "phonetically writing out a baby's first sounds". Fun fact: this is also how John Norman came up with all his terms as well.

Song of Gor!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

The band created the name by "phonetically writing out a baby's first sounds". Fun fact: this is also how John Norman came up with all his terms as well.

Are you sure "John Norman" isn't the pseudonym for a baby that wrote the books?

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Whatever answer you get, just remember that this is a planet that is orbiting the Sun directly opposite Earth, yet has never been noticed by NASA. Its inhabitants are capable of space travel and arresting or even reversing the ageing process, but still fight with swords. Everyone notices how little gravity it has, yet the men are all much stronger and more macho than on Earth. Doreen and Beverly are considered to be sexy names. Everyone talks like they're in A Clockwork Orange; I can't remember the exact name for slaves, but suffice to say it isn't a word, it's a band that had a hit in 1983 with Too Shy. Oh, and every single woman is stunning and begs for orgasm at the very sight of a ginger from Bristol called Tarl. I'm not making this up. Tarl. That's not a name. That's a knitting stitch.

I'm just asking you to bear all this in mind when you are given long lists of rules and regulations and told to take this all incredibly seriously.

You really need to post wayyyy more often than you have been. Seriously. The times demand it.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Whatever answer you get, just remember that this is a planet that is orbiting the Sun directly opposite Earth, yet has never been noticed by NASA.

It's an old theme. As a Gerry Anderson mega-fan there was actually a passable cult movie along those lines https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelgänger_(1969_film)

13 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Hey! There's great satisfaction in downing a sleen with nothing but raw female cunning... and a pair of knitting needles.
502342195_SeamstressofGor3.thumb.png.964dbcfe50775a02c0a6e721c07d5079.png
I am Seamstress of Gor!!!

Just out if interest......what size needles??????😌

• Haha 2
30 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Given the clear levels of overcompensation in that place, I'd say a single felting needle should do it.

Oh yes, the felting needles is superb. They are not smooth, so the tiny "barbs" is doing a satisfying damage when pulled out. Much better than the common needle.

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Oh yes, the felting needles is superb. They are not smooth, so the tiny "barbs" is doing a satisfying damage when pulled out. Much better than the common needle.

Yeah, and the constant short jab-jab-jab action.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.