Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
agentronin

Are self made Gorean shields raid legal?

Recommended Posts

I have seen in Gorean raid rules in every sim that a combatant may not use self made weapons. Does that include shields? I am wondering because unlike all other weapon types a shield's script is required to be the proprietary one provided by the GM Meter developers. This is a cheating preventive, and so there would not be a way to cheat by making one's own shield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This question is almost certainly better asked in the Role Play forum. But I suspect that, really, you'll need to consult with whichever Gorean group you're playing with: there are (or at least were) a fair number of variants on Gor available in SL, ranging from hardcore to very liberal.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/320-role-play/

(Also, Gor? Really?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

(Also, Gor? Really?)

Hey! There's great satisfaction in downing a sleen with nothing but raw female cunning... and a pair of knitting needles.
502342195_SeamstressofGor3.thumb.png.964dbcfe50775a02c0a6e721c07d5079.png
I am Seamstress of Gor!!!

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Hey! There's great satisfaction in downing a sleen with nothing but raw female cunning... and a pair of knitting needles.
502342195_SeamstressofGor3.thumb.png.964dbcfe50775a02c0a6e721c07d5079.png
I am Seamstress of Gor!!!

 

And this is why I love you, Maddy.

(I feel a strange stirring in my Richard Parkes. Must. Resist.)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Whatever answer you get, just remember that this is a planet that is orbiting the Sun directly opposite Earth, yet has never been noticed by NASA. Its inhabitants are capable of space travel and arresting or even reversing the ageing process, but still fight with swords. Everyone notices how little gravity it has, yet the men are all much stronger and more macho than on Earth. Doreen and Beverly are considered to be sexy names. Everyone talks like they're in A Clockwork Orange; I can't remember the exact name for slaves, but suffice to say it isn't a word, it's a band that had a hit in 1983 with Too Shy. Oh, and every single woman is stunning and begs for orgasm at the very sight of a ginger from Bristol called Tarl. I'm not making this up. Tarl. That's not a name. That's a knitting stitch.

I'm just asking you to bear all this in mind when you are given long lists of rules and regulations and told to take this all incredibly seriously.
 

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares? It's gor LOL!

Sneaky hint: just build it with an alt: they'll never know ;)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kajagoogoo! That's it. I knew it would come back to me. That's the Gorean word for a slave. A kajagoogoo.

I've just looked it up on Wikipedia, and apparently the band created the name by "phonetically writing out a baby's first sounds". Fun fact: this is also how John Norman came up with all his terms as well.

Song of Gor!

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

The band created the name by "phonetically writing out a baby's first sounds". Fun fact: this is also how John Norman came up with all his terms as well.

Are you sure "John Norman" isn't the pseudonym for a baby that wrote the books?

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Are you sure "John Norman" isn't the pseudonym for a baby that wrote the books?

John Norman is the pseudonym for the real author, Donald Trump. Few know that he had a writing career.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Whatever answer you get, just remember that this is a planet that is orbiting the Sun directly opposite Earth, yet has never been noticed by NASA. Its inhabitants are capable of space travel and arresting or even reversing the ageing process, but still fight with swords. Everyone notices how little gravity it has, yet the men are all much stronger and more macho than on Earth. Doreen and Beverly are considered to be sexy names. Everyone talks like they're in A Clockwork Orange; I can't remember the exact name for slaves, but suffice to say it isn't a word, it's a band that had a hit in 1983 with Too Shy. Oh, and every single woman is stunning and begs for orgasm at the very sight of a ginger from Bristol called Tarl. I'm not making this up. Tarl. That's not a name. That's a knitting stitch.

I'm just asking you to bear all this in mind when you are given long lists of rules and regulations and told to take this all incredibly seriously.
 

You really need to post wayyyy more often than you have been. Seriously. The times demand it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

You really need to post wayyyy more often than you have been.

Amina's not the only one who should post wayyyy more often.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Whatever answer you get, just remember that this is a planet that is orbiting the Sun directly opposite Earth, yet has never been noticed by NASA.

It's an old theme. As a Gerry Anderson mega-fan there was actually a passable cult movie along those lines https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelgänger_(1969_film)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Hey! There's great satisfaction in downing a sleen with nothing but raw female cunning... and a pair of knitting needles.
502342195_SeamstressofGor3.thumb.png.964dbcfe50775a02c0a6e721c07d5079.png
I am Seamstress of Gor!!!

 

Just out if interest......what size needles??????😌

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Just out if interest......what size needles??????😌

Given the clear levels of overcompensation in that place, I'd say a single felting needle should do it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Given the clear levels of overcompensation in that place, I'd say a single felting needle should do it.

Oh yes, the felting needles is superb. They are not smooth, so the tiny "barbs" is doing a satisfying damage when pulled out. Much better than the common needle.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Oh yes, the felting needles is superb. They are not smooth, so the tiny "barbs" is doing a satisfying damage when pulled out. Much better than the common needle.

 

Yeah, and the constant short jab-jab-jab action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×