Sign in to follow this  
DrDrayke

Account banned and ticket closed/not responded to?

Question

There are many reasons why you might get that message. Your account may have been put on hold by mistake, or for an administrative reason -- maybe someone else has been using your account for phishing or other unauthorized purposes. In any case, as you have discovered, the only people who can take your account off hold again are at Linden Lab.  Once you have filed a ticket with all the details that you can present to describe your own side of the issue, all you can do is wait.  A delay of 24 hours is not unusual, so be patient.

7 answers to this question

There are many reasons why you might get that message. Your account may have been put on hold by mistake, or for an administrative reason -- maybe someone else has been using your account for phishing or other unauthorized purposes. In any case, as you have discovered, the only people who can take your account off hold again are at Linden Lab.  Once you have filed a ticket with all the details that you can present to describe your own side of the issue, all you can do is wait.  A delay of 24 hours is not unusual, so be patient.

This is a little old but should still apply.

--Cinn

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Why_is_my_account_on_hold%3F

Submitting an appeal

Linden Lab takes violations of the Second Life Terms of Service and Community Standards very seriously. The decision to apply a suspension or permanent closure for your Second Life account(s) is reached after investigation of your use of the Second Life software and service. Residents are not allowed to participate in the Second Life virtual world if their accounts have been suspended or disabled for violations of our Terms of Service.

However, if you can maintain in good faith that the violations were not due to your actions or negligence, or the actions or negligence of others working for you, you may appeal the suspension or closure of your account(s) in writing to the address below. Please provide any relevant information that you believe would explain the violations we detected. Linden Lab reserves sole discretion in considering whether to take any action on a written appeal. If you would like to appeal your warning or suspension, you may contact Second Life Support, in writing, at the address below:

Attn: Account Reviews: Appeals
Linden Lab
945 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111

Or by fax: 415-651-9221

We also accept appeals filed electronically using the ticket submission process described above.

It takes time for your case to be reviewed, be patient.

There is an appeal process.

Copybotting is a serious offense and imo it's best to shoot first and ask questions later. Any Actions are intitiated by Quality Abuse Reports submitted by Residents. Any Reports that lead to actions against your account must include an element of proof in the Report.

A Case by Case basis.

Use the proper forums (this is not)

Stay in Honor

Avoid making personal attacks in an appeal, state the Facts, do not involve your alt,  hurry up and wait.

I have done exactly this. But I couldn't log onto my account. I submitted it through my guest e-mail. Will I not be able to see the ticket on an alt?

The current procedure for banned accounts is to create a ticket on https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ without logging in, using the category "Reactivate an old account" and your email address.  If that is the one that you used, you should have received any response direct to your email.

Check your junk mail and if you definately have no reply, submit another ticket, apologising for the duplicate, but explaining that you did not receive a reply and are unsure how to proceed.