Tips on hiring manager

Yannick568 Sands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, 

I've been considering hiring someone to help me with some aspect of running my store that I find takes too much time away from actually creating new products ( basic customer service / social network / blogger management / ect... ), but I don't have any close friend interested in the matter. Most of them are either into RP and not business minded or they are also merchants, and therefore have their own brand to care for.  

So I'm wondering how would you go with hiring a possible stranger to take on critical responsibilities for your business ? Is there any big red flag to look for ( payment info / avatar age / ect..) ? Do you know what is the expected average salary, and if it's usually based of a percent of the weekly/monthly profit or a flat rate ? 

Also, do you have any help with your shop yourself ? Or do you feel you can manage your time better than I do and do it all by yourself ? 

Thanks for reading.

Payment info on file and avatar age are two things I would consider. I'd also scrutinize their profile to see whether they appear to be the kind of person you want to entrust the image of your business with - not all brands would to too well to have someone describing themselves as the 'baddest she-dog on the grid', or someone who advertises their sexual interests. I'd also be concerned with their communicative skills; I try to keep my English to a high standard and would most certainly expect any employee charged with social networking to do the same - again, this might be up to what sort of business you run.

Someone polite, who has a personal interest in your products, would probably be your best bet. 

As far as salary is concerned, I'd say that's up to the average income of your business, and how much you expect them to work. I'd suggest a set wage, to avoid any unnecessary complications.

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

Payment info on file and avatar age are two things I would consider. I'd also scrutinize their profile to see whether they appear to be the kind of person you want to entrust the image of your business with - not all brands would to too well to have someone describing themselves as the 'baddest she-dog on the grid', or someone who advertises their sexual interests. I'd also be concerned with their communicative skills; I try to keep my English to a high standard and would most certainly expect any employee charged with social networking to do the same - again, this might be up to what sort of business you run.

Someone polite, who has a personal interest in your products, would probably be your best bet. 

As far as salary is concerned, I'd say that's up to the average income of your business, and how much you expect them to work. I'd suggest a set wage, to avoid any unnecessary complications.

Thank you for the good advice ! Definitely will be looking into the profile and English level ! 

• Like 1

First of all, search for the proof they have done this job before and know what is expected from them. Talk with the person, ask questions, do they know some basics of the job, what is important and what to avoid? Ask them to explain what they expect, how they see this job? You don't need a person that says they are willing to learn, spend a month or two trying to teach them and have them realize the job is too hard. 

For me, important would be to see some recommendations from other business owners, don't hire a person who has no background. And also, prepare yourself, be straight and write down your expectations from this person. 

You can set a fixed salary plus some benefits if they increase your sales (a percentage or something), for example you can take an average profit from the previous three months and see if there are any changes with the new manager? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.