Parcel Owner is MIA?

Lik3ASir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1924 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have recently rented a parcel from a small company in Second Life. I'm trying to set up a radio stream and all these other fun things for live music streaming when I realize that I must deed the radio to the group that owns the land (The Renal Group). I am unable to do that, seeing I have no rights to deed anything to the group. I tried contacting the owner to see if they could help and  have yet to get a response. I have asked multiple people in the rental group, and none of them have rented from said company in years.

Is there ANY way I can go through Linden Labs and seize the land, because I've already put so much L$ into rent, and I feel that it's all being wasted on a rental company that, for all intents and purposes, no longer exists. 

1 hour ago, Lik3ASir said:

Is there ANY way I can go through Linden Labs and seize the land, because I've already put so much L$ into rent, and I feel that it's all being wasted on a rental company that, for all intents and purposes, no longer exists. 

Is this a mainland parcel? If it is an estate then you are out of luck completely, if it is mainland as I suspect it is open the group's profile and check the "Land & L$" tab. If the "Land available" is negative then you may be able to have LL "seize the land" as you put it. You will need to be premium however and you won't be refunded for any rent paid. Submit a ticket to LL saying the group is not paying tier on the parcel and you would like to buy it. LL will then contact the landowner and ask them to increase their tier. LL may seize the land while they do this however so your items may be returned. If they do not increase their tier to cover the land, LL will either offer the land for sale to you for L$1/m or put it up for auction to cover unpaid tier costs. If the land was not seized before this point then they will at this point seize it and return all objects.

As for the rent... you could try put in a ticket explaining what happened. I am extremely doubtful LL will return the L$ as from their point of view you paid someone to rent land, you are renting the land, and it's none of their business (mainly this one). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lik3ASir said:

I have asked multiple people in the rental group, and none of them have rented from said company in years.

I'm not expect for that but as I got it - there is no such a thing as free mainland owned by residents (or group of residents). If the group own it, they still pay for it, or they cover it by free Premium accounts benefits. In other words - to Linden lab they are paying customer, so its not like they do not longer exist. If they didnt pay - for years maybe, as you mentioned - the land would be returned to Linden lab, not owned by the group anymore.

They maybe do not provide the services you believe you will be given, but its problem between two residents involved in business and as long as there is nothing against TOS, Linden Lab wont be involved.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

Is this a mainland parcel? If it is an estate then you are out of luck completely, if it is mainland as I suspect it is open the group's profile and check the "Land & L$" tab. If the "Land available" is negative then you may be able to have LL "seize the land" as you put it. You will need to be premium however and you won't be refunded for any rent paid. Submit a ticket to LL saying the group is not paying tier on the parcel and you would like to buy it. LL will then contact the landowner and ask them to increase their tier. LL may seize the land while they do this however so your items may be returned. If they do not increase their tier to cover the land, LL will either offer the land for sale to you for L$1/m or put it up for auction to cover unpaid tier costs. If the land was not seized before this point then they will at this point seize it and return all objects.

As for the rent... you could try put in a ticket explaining what happened. I am extremely doubtful LL will return the L$ as from their point of view you paid someone to rent land, you are renting the land, and it's none of their business (mainly this one). 

How long can land be still owned by group after they stopped to pay? I always though it would be maybe days? 72 hours or so? 

8 minutes ago, loverdag said:

How long can land be still owned by group after they stopped to pay? I always though it would be maybe days? 72 hours or so? 

Multiple years in my friend's case. His account was suspended for non-payment and I was donating ~20m tier to cover 4-8000m. it was there for years before LL Did anything about it.

30 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

A long time.  Usually until someone notices & reports it to LL.

27 minutes ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

Multiple years in my friend's case. His account was suspended for non-payment and I was donating ~20m tier to cover 4-8000m. it was there for years before LL Did anything about it.

Oh, I see! So OP,  I was wrong then!

And it means if someone is looking for land to buy, they actually should check not only abandoned parcels, but taken parcels too, because its possible to find nice spots still owned by groups in debt - and should be possible to ask LL to sell them, correct? Interesting, i didn't know that, it makes the mainland options much bigger when someone is looking for new land. 

Edited by loverdag

2 hours ago, loverdag said:

And it means if someone is looking for land to buy, they actually should check not only abandoned parcels, but taken parcels too, because its possible to find nice spots still owned by groups in debt - and should be possible to ask LL to sell them, correct?

TBH I wouldn't bother. Most groups aren't under tier so you will be creating tickets wasting time for both you and LL the majority of the time. Even if they are under tier, LL gives them a chance to increase the tier and keep the land so all you are really doing it getting LL some extra $.

Edited by Hintswen Guardian

29 minutes ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

TBH I wouldn't bother. Most groups aren't under tier so you will be creating tickets wasting time for both you and LL the majority of the time. Even if they are under tier, LL gives them a chance to increase the tier and keep the land so all you are really doing it getting LL some extra $.

It was just theoretical idea - if it would be nice parcel, good location, and apparenly very old build on, something probably rezzed many years ago and not touched since then. I'm not looking for buying anything right now, but I do explore mainland and sometimes I see similar things on attractive locations, nearby water etc. 

15 hours ago, loverdag said:

It was just theoretical idea - if it would be nice parcel, good location, and apparenly very old build on, something probably rezzed many years ago and not touched since then. I'm not looking for buying anything right now, but I do explore mainland and sometimes I see similar things on attractive locations, nearby water etc. 

I've been really tempted to request some places like that but I know that if they do sell them to me (or put them up for auction) I'll be kicking myself for getting an old build removed.

Sometimes I wonder how much of SL is really abandoned. There are old big builds that never change and never seem to be visited by their owners, or anybody except explorers. One wonders if someone is still paying, or if they just walked away. It's in LL's interest to leave a good-looking sim up, even if no one is paying. There's no shortage of abandoned land.

• Like 1

The same problem with rotten products on the market ... the "solutions" recently solved there? No, there's still a lot to do ... if they really want ...
So far there are no blog posts of new year, with more promises and such .... There are many promises ...
Sansar is the hell of devout SL users, that's what I think.
How many years did Sansar crawled? At the same time as SL creeps ...

Edited by Axel Naxos
*crawled
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1924 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.