change face to black on touch

AdamZadig

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

You've gone off your rocker again, Steph. These are facts and not bugs:

1. "Using all zeroes" does not produce an error message.
  2. Converting an integer 0 to float 0.0 does not "confuse the system." It seems to confuse you.
  3. ZERO_VECTOR is a constant for <0,0, 0.0, 0.0>
  4. <0.0, 0.0, 0.0> is the value of pure black color
  5. In a conditional, <0.0, 0.0, 0.0> is intentionally treated as "false." It has nothing to do with color.
  6. The color range of your monitor has no effect on what colors can be set in LSL.

You're flaunting your lack of understanding of LSL basics again, while stubbornly pretending that it is some bug that LL refuses to fix.

The server returns a ZERO_VECTOR. That inturn invalidates the argument in the function. Good day.

3 minutes ago, steph Arnott said:

The server returns a ZERO_VECTOR. That inturn invalidates the argument in the function. Good day. 

ZERO_VECTOR is just a constant that exists to be used by people who write LSL scripts. By the time the server sees it there's nothing there but numbers.

I've been using <0.0,0.0,0.0> for black for a little over 12.33 years now. I've never had a failure from doing so. If it's something that happens every 12.5 years, I'm not going to worry about it.

Just now, Parhelion Palou said:

ZERO_VECTOR is just a constant that exists to be used by people who write LSL scripts. By the time the server sees it there's nothing there but numbers.

I've been using <0.0,0.0,0.0> for black for a little over 12.33 years now. I've never had a failure from doing so. If it's something that happens every 12.5 years, I'm not going to worry about it.

Have had it many times. Difference is you are limited on customers. The issue is random and unpredictable.

28 minutes ago, steph Arnott said:

ZERO_VECTOR is a perfectly valid argument for any function, just like 0, NULL_KEY, empty string, or an empty list.. as long as you understand what the output is supposed to be.

20 minutes ago, steph Arnott said:

Have had it many times. Difference is you are limited on customers. The issue is random and unpredictable.

If you are not able to predict when your code produces a <0.0, 0.0, 0.0>, you probably don't understand your code. It is also easy to detect if a user ("customer") gives your script that value.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

1 minute ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

ZERO_VECTOR is a perfectly valid argument for any function, just like 0, NULL_KEY, empty string, or an empty list.

If you are not able to predict when your code produces a <0.0, 0.0, 0.0>, you probably don't understand your code. It is also easy to detect if a user ("customer") gives your script that value.

Well from a person who does not understand the simulator code in the head movement and uses a stick through the mid i frankly do not care what you caim. Also if you are so smart sort out an issue three of us have not been able to solve on the 'owner key' in the LL teleport. Which i noticed you avoided.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.