AVG firewall exception's list Question

Chainspit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What File(s) should i add to my AVG firewall exception list so my In-Game Browser works again? (ex. being able to look at somones profile)

Not sure what file(s) run which functions and dont want to add everyfile in the folder.

i know the simple awnser is just shut off my firewall but id rather use this option and have my computer remain protected.

Thanks alot

6 answers to this question

I could be misreading your question but, if you can browse the Internet using your browser of choice, you should be able to browse profiles or anything else in SL that requires a browser.  AVG does not know your browser has been called up by SL........only that it has been called upon to take you to some location on the Internet.  There is an option in SL to use SL's internal browser (Mozella, I believe) or to use your "external browser" (such as IE or Chrome).  If your browser is different than SL's internal browser, your firewall might be blocking it because it's looking for the browser you have chosen to be your system's default browser.  I believe the browser choice is on the "General" tab in Viewer 2 and with other viewers (TPV's or 1.23 based viewers) it's on the "Web" tab.  Try changing the option to "external".

Hi, i'm a user of AVG too, but i never had to set any exceptions.

In my windows firewall (windows Vista) however SL made it by itself.

What SL not does is make exeptions in your router's firewall. Since it makes no sense to have triple protection i turned that one off. It makes SL so much faster and more reliable. It is also necessary as  a step to stream your own music into SL btw (including port forwarding which goes too far here).

You can get into your router settings by typing in your webbrowser: 192.168.1.1

It is up to you of course. To my experience SL with the router firewall turned off is faster and more steady while not experiencing any more threats from the web.

thanks for the help but im still having issues with my firewall enabled.

here are picks of the screen shots of the problem with firewall on / then firewall disabled.

with firewall off : http://i53.tinypic.com/16gn23o.jpg

with firewall on: http://i51.tinypic.com/r6y8h0.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/16gn23o.jpg[/img]' target="_blank">

im using firefox as my default system browser, in game options are set to use the internal browser (which only works with firewall off) .. no proxy enabled

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.