How much of a shopaholic are you?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Don't be fooled by excessively large inventories because some of us use that delete button like crazy so we can keep shopping!! I'm not competing with Skell. I'm sure he has me beat hands down, just saying someone with a relatively small inventory doesn't necessarily mean that person isn't a mega shopaholic!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I'm one of those "rare" women that don't really care for shopping. It isn't nearly as much fun as it once was in SL and RL. More like work now.

I absolutely DETEST shopping in RL, but for some damn reason I love it in SL. 

• Like 6

I love to go to shops and have a look, but I try not to spend too much money.  I usually look around for free stuff, which is easy enough because I am using system avatars.  The mesh avatars look so nice, but I could see myself spending quite a lot of money if I ever bought one. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

RL shopping lost its appeal for me when my mother passed. SL shopping has always been a bit of a PITA for me. Most of what I want/will want doesn't exist in SL and likely never will.

And before someone pops off with "make it yourself", I would if I had the time AND some knowledge AND the programs needed. Mostly I don't have the kind of time it would take to learn what I would need to know. 

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

I should like to say that I utterly condemn and detest the degree to which SL has become a kind of dystopian model of the ultimate Consumer State. This place seems, sometimes, to exist almost solely for the purpose of excessive consumption: here, it's not religion, but the shopping that is the opiate of the masses. Creators busy themselves producing the most utterly frivolous, banal, and unnecessary goods imaginable: no one "needs" clothing, or even a body, in a truly virtual world. And where no RL analogue exists, the Consumer society produces new imbecilities for us to purchase: here we can even buy hair, eyes, the style by which we move, and skin. And the entire racket is made all the more absurd by the fact that none of it actually exists, except as data on servers owned by someone else, whom we frequently pay for the privilege of accessing it.

I should like to say all that, but I can't, because I spent a good part of this evening trying to decide between two different hairstyles I liked, and ended up walking away with three.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Mmmm. It’s hard to base off of inventory size. I will say, though, I do feel as though I shop significantly less than I have in past years. My inventory is ~92K BUT I know I have multiple duplicates of some poses, wedding venues, landscaping, at least a truckfull of notecards, and many things I have never opened. 

That being said, I have been wearing the same mesh head since Catya came out. The skin I still wear is probably a year old. I -do- have the Belleza and Slink bodies but I only wear and shop for Maitreya (I’ve actually been cleaning out non-Maitreya outfits lately and my goodness). I don’t have my calendar marked down for when events open. 😛 I buy new outfits when I feel I’ve overworn something, yet still manage to change at least twice a day. Because of my wedding photography, I do have nearly every non-flexi formal gown there is, though. All in all, I’m okay I suppose. 🙃

If I venture into the Marketplace I buy things.

I have a huge list of in world stores in my landmarks. I know I don't have them all, which is annoying. I also know that if I visit these these places I will buy stuff until I've run out of L$. I may then refuel and continue.

It's probably the best thing about this place........ :)

I like shopping, when I have the time I go to events and stores I've seen stuff I like in, since I started keeping up with fifty Linden Friday I think nothing of spending up to hundreds of L$ on stuff every week but at a store or event the item has to be really amazing if the same amount of L$ is to be prized off of me 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I like shopping, when I have the time I go to events and stores I've seen stuff I like in, since I started keeping up with fifty Linden Friday I think nothing of spending up to hundreds of L$ on stuff every week but at a store or event the item has to be really amazing if the same amount of L$ is to be prized off of me 

I bought stuff at events - I bought stuff fullprice at shops... but it was rare and I really wanted it. It is more fun playing around with all my inventory trying to make the latest gifts work in an outfit.

• Like 2

I don't often shop shop unless I am looking for something specific, but I am a serial hunter / gift shopper (I was so annoyed that I was away for the better half of December! All the prezzies!), which often leads me to shops where I find other things I like which to buy.

(I saw the other day that have items in my inventory from Twisted hunts from a few years ago that I never even opened.)

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For me having a much slimmer body to dress helps, oh that and the fact that I never have to look at something and think, "oh I love this, if the family would just fast for a few days I could afford it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This. 

I don't have much patience to do shopping in RL. I only buy stuff when I'm really in need of something.

On the other hand, in SL I am always looking for something to buy. Every single day I check dozens of sites, pages and blogs looking for news about fashion items and furniture.

Edited by DemeraraGirl

Far less than I used to. Partly because I don’t even want to know how much I’ve sent over the years, and partly because at some point you start thinking more and more often, “I already have tons of that”.

I have to confess my shopping has decreased greatly over the past 6 months. And while I say I, I actually mean Debi since Blush gets nothing anymore unless it's related to creating. It's hard to find anything for sale that I don't already have at least a few of already. There are only so many pairs of jeans a girl really needs. And that pretty much goes for every other type of clothing or accessory. Honestly, I'm looking forward to shopping again once BoM is here because I think that will give me new things to buy. I also want to buy a couple pets that are animesh so still waiting on those to be released. And if any creator out there is making an animesh dancing partner, I'd buy that too! :P 

Edited by Blush Bravin

13 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Lets just say the thread title alone made me check what shopping events are new this week 😅 But I'm a very picky shopper.

This, pretty much :P I can't remember the last major event I missed. On the other hand, more often than not I'll buy nothing from an event, and almost never more than a single colour pack or two. So yeah, I'm a shopaholic but not a spendaholic... not toooo much anyway, undeniable room for improvement there!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.