BEACH HANGOUT

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys hope this is the right place to put this but i have made place to just hang out and AFK if you don't have a home
it's cute little beach with a house on top of the hill 
all beach and house furniture is adult tho so AFK at own risk
i also made it so that if you are homeless , you can Join group to REZ 

all this is free , you dont have to pay anything 

just wanted to make something nice for people x x 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dethly Island/235/88/21

Snapshot_001 (1).jpg

Edited by mayzatourment
missed something out

56 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

perhaps read the guidelines before you post, for sure when skipping the posts above.
It's not allowed to promote your own place at the forums.

Technically, sure.  But I don't see the harm here, since it's a totally free place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I have some misgivings about this.  You've created an area with public sex activities on a parcel called AFK Beach, in a Moderate region.  Now, I'm no expert in SL Adult activities but I do know there is a niche for AFK events, so is that in fact what you're actually offering?

Yeah, this kind of thing is actually beginning to piss me off. Not AFK sex (not my thing, *yawn*, but whatevs), but the steady creep of adult-rated content, and hence adult activities, into the public areas of moderate-rated regions.

To be clear, this isn't me being prudish. Personally, I almost never pay attention to region ratings, and I don't much care if you're bonking away in plain view, so long as you don't mind me stepping over you or peering around you to get to where I want to go.

But there are people who have perfectly valid personal reasons for not wanting to be exposed to adult activities and content. The whole point of the rating system is not to restrict the freedom of people who want to do adult stuff, but to empower the individual resident to make informed choices about their SL experience. And this kind of "here is adult stuff, but use at your own risk" crap is entirely undercutting that.

I haven't ARed content in, well, probably a decade, but I'm reaching the point where I want to start doing so, just out of principle.

• Like 3

noooo it is a place to hang out and a place to rez ur items , i called it afk beach because most people to afk and its a beach haha i couldnt think of a good name but if u guys can then let me know , and yeah i did sex things in the house because if people have no home i thought they might still want to go somewhere , and usually they go home ! 

its not a place to go for sex tho , i just thought be nice to give the option as most people have sl sex (i never do its not my thing) but i know 90% of people enjoy it x 

Just now, mayzatourment said:

also i never actually noticed the sim was M , i never pay attention so just assumed it was adult ;-/ 

If you are offering a public hangout area, there are probably a lot of things you should be noticing, especially regarding what is and isn't allowed with maturity ratings. 

AFK beach is bound to be one of the biggest searched things at the moment and I agree with the comments above, offering a free sex area on a moderate sim might not end well.  Do you own the whole sim?  Do you have neighbours you might be upsetting with this or a landlord with rules? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mayzatourment said:

Took all the sex stuff away but left the bed cus the room looks cute and all houses have a bed haha but if anyone has a better name than AFK beach let me know x 

Generally, I try to give the benefit of the doubt, but given that you clearly indicate in your initial post that you know what AFK sex is, I'm finding it a bit hard to buy that it never occurred to you that this was how the sim name would be interpreted.

Strictly speaking, a sex bed inside an enclosed room that is not easily visible (i.e., you have to look for it, and cam in to see what's happening there) is probably permissible within a moderate-rated region.

And pretty much any name you might come up with is better than "AFK Beach," in my view. But hey, what do I know?

• Like 2

i just know if you go afk on sex furniture anyone can do anything to you , its happened to me many times at clubs etc 

anyway i have changed the house its full of games now , if i wanted it to be a sex sim i would just say it , i wouldnt care , end of day im doing it all free so where would the profit be ? 

and i dont have sl sex so i really have nothing to get out of it but feel free to come check it out now :) 

• Like 2

Just now, moirakathleen said:

Being as it's on moderate land, I would definitely drop the "AFK" from the name (because of the association with AFK sex).  Does it face east or west?  You could always go with something like "Sunrise Beach Hangout" for example.

ooooo i like that , ok i will use that :) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

your bed could have cuddles only.  There are plenty of general rated items of furniture around.  Cuddles on the beach around a campfire.  That is a nice hangout for people and no worries about region ratings

And they're cheaper too!

(Actually, I kinda hate cuddles poses. No idea why. Maybe because they're soppy and remind me of Hallmark greeting cards? What I want is a couples pose that has me annoying my partner by flicking his nose or poking him or something. You know, FUN stuff.)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And they're cheaper too!

(Actually, I kinda hate cuddles poses. No idea why. Maybe because they're soppy and remind me of Hallmark greeting cards? What I want is a couples pose that has me annoying my partner by flicking his nose or poking him or something. You know, FUN stuff.)

oh there's always room for a cuddle but i agree, there can be more to animations in furniture than that.  We made one where he holds my popcorn then tries to steal some, so I slap his hand away.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

your bed could have cuddles only.  There are plenty of general rated items of furniture around.

You can always just remove the adult menu from most AVSitter furniture (needs to be mod of course) I would do so... if only to annoy @Callum Meriman who hates deactivated adult stuff that was not really fully removed.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.