RLV Scripting Help? Strip

Moon Corrigible

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am loosing my mind.

The rest of my RLV scripting works peachy keen.  All the force sits, the controlling communications, the playing with items - all works fine.  But for some odd reason I can NOT get the strip command to work for the life of me!

I'm using llSay(-1812221819, "Strip,(person's key),@remoutfit:gloves=force|@remoutfit:jacket=force|@remoutfit:pants=force|@remoutfit:shirt=force|@remoutfit:shoes=force|@remoutfit:skirt=force|@remoutfit:socks=force|@remoutfit:underpants=force|@remoutfit:undershirt=force|@addoutfit:gloves=n|@addoutfit:jacket=n|@addoutfit:pants=n|@addoutfit:shirt=n|@addoutfit:shoes=n|@addoutfit:skirt=n|@addoutfit:socks=n|@addoutfit:underpants=n|@addoutfit:undershirt=n)

I thought the length may have been an issue so I tried llSay(-1812221819, "Strip,(person's key),@remoutfit:jacket=force).  That didn't work either.

For contrast llSay(-1812221819, "Force Gag,bade0deb-45ab-47be-be1b-c5f8f3417e66,@attach:~MSBallGag=force"); works great.

Anyone have any clue what I am doing wrong?  Thanks in advance!!

According to the wiki's RLV Relay Specification,  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Protocol/Restrained_Love_Relay/Specification

• Commands are separated by pipes ('|') here, but if they must be sent in the same llOwnerSay to the viewer they must be separated by commas (',') and with only one '@' sign at the beginning of the whole message. This is on purpose, to force the Relay to parse them and check them one by one, as well as facilitate the parsing of the whole message coming from the in-world object.

So after two days of poking at the script frenetically and tearing apart every script I could find, I decide to go see if maybe other people have done it differently .. which is when I realized that that funciton doesn't work for me with anyone's script.. ever.. even if it works for other people....  and THIS boys and girls, is why you grab a bright shiny new RLV interface every time.  DOH!  Thank you anyway!

• Like 1

I am not sure you are aware that these RLV strip commands are for the default's SL Avatar layers.

They won't detach anything nor change / remove an applied layer on any mesh body (where this is anyway another challenge) .

You might only notice so called "shoe bases" to be removed as these are still used to move the avatar up a bit to match the shoes heels height.

On 1/9/2019 at 2:47 AM, steph Arnott said:

Only single use of ' @  ' in a command line. TBH the are loads of open source RLV scripts. Just pull one apart and study its structure.

That's correct for llOwnerSay RLV commands but as quoted above not for relay commands (because the relay should check every single issued command and if it doesnt start with an @ it will be ignored) so the syntax used seems pretty accurate to me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.