second life viewer

Flydragon2642

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

why is it that you all don't have  anything that a chrome book to download the second life viewer for i woulds have  thought  since you all have it for windows 7 ...8 am even windows 10 am a 64 bit version an mac os x  plus linux  but nothing for a chrome book  to use an your second life viewer page to me that really isn't right for those who don't h ave a desktop  pc an or their desktop pc  isn't  working sop they reverse to a laptop for now yes some may have a chrome book such as myself  an or a regular laptop that doesn't get the second life viewer also  that is why i wish you all would make second life viewer available to everyone an anyone with a  regular laptop  or a chrome book laptop i have even tried i think  the linuxs or thee black tiger on e or something like that on either one of them i couldn't even move my avatar anywhere or have my avatar do anything so please may i simply suggest you  that you try to come up with something for those who are on  a regular laptop or a chrome book laptop .....as i am  having issues  getting into second life viewer to use my avatar in my  chrome book until i can getme a new pc  desktop tower 

thanks in advanced 

Flydragon2642

5 answers to this question

Basically your chrome book is a potato.  However there may be hope.  I believe that chrome books can install and run Android software.  If this is true, you may be able to run the Lumiya viewer which is a paid android app.  Disclaimer: I have no idea if this actually works for a chrome book but many are happy with it on Android.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 1

We all are SL residents, just like you.  This is a resident-to-resident Answers service.  You are not talking to Lindens.  None of the SL viewers or third party viewer will work on a Chrome book.  It's simply too small and underpowered to handle SL.  If you want to enter SL, you'll have to use a real computer.  The viewers do work quite well on laptops, though.   I have used mine for years when I am not at home with my desktop.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Basically your chrome book is a potato.  However there may be hope.  I believe that chrome books can install and run Android software.  If this is true, you may be able to run the Lumiya viewer which is a paid android app.  Disclaimer: I have no idea if this actually works for a chrome book but many are happy with it on Android.

I've seen someone do this, so it is possible. They are just limited to whatever Lumiya can do.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.