Programs for making aircraft textures

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello so I have 2 MACs that I run firestorm on and upload textures for my aircraft and vehicles  using templates from the makers with my custom work on it. Since Apple released a new update and Adobe retired Photoshop Elements 12 I'm not sure what software I should use not for making and modding textures..thoughts?

17 hours ago, MrHarrisonOfReaper said:

Hello so I have 2 MACs that I run firestorm on and upload textures for my aircraft and vehicles  using templates from the makers with my custom work on it. Since Apple released a new update and Adobe retired Photoshop Elements 12 I'm not sure what software I should use not for making and modding textures..thoughts?

Pixelmator or Pixelmator Pro (The latter is $60 and 100% Photoshop alternative and full replacement - though Interface will take getting used to). The company I work for have been dumping all things Adobe for the last year or so and Pixelmator Pro is a dream to use in comparison to Photoshop or Gimp.

17 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

as long as it's capable of handling TGA or PNG formatted images

Pixelmator supports both TGA and PNG, though since TGA has been depreciated for a long time, most software apps are dropping support for it; Pixelmator Pro does not support it, but I haven't missed it, either (TGA support).

Edited by Alyona Su

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.