Whats the best sl viewer?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wow. That's a pretty powerful tool!

I mostly use static poses, or AnyPose to disable joints and essentially freeze my avatar where I want her, but I can see lots of potential applications for this. Your point about catching a scene with other avatars in it is a really good one.

Thanks!

My one problem with that freeze tool is that it doesn't freeze particles and scripted animals (no idea why about the last one). So blunt smoke, wave spray emitters, and those chickens that alternate between two poses still move. It also freezes HUDs, rendering them unusable while the world is frozen. Even so, this one feature alone is enough to stop me from ever going back to Firestorm for photo work.

2 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Aarghh... Phil! Your "FIFY" is against the true fact, and you do know it.
What you did was: "I changed Coby's text to what I think of the matter, because I think Coby is wrong even though the evidence shows that she might be right." :P

Ah but "(which  they don't are)" isn't understandable english. It doesn't make any sense. You can't have both "don't" and "are" together like that, so I crossed out the surplus one :D

Edited by Phil Deakins

1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

You seriously should have gone to Specsavers  :P

Actually, I DID go to Specsavers - right up until I had the lenses in both eyes replaced :)

If you read my post above this one, I think you'll find that it's you who should have gone to Specsavers ;)

Edited by Phil Deakins

14 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Ah but "(which  they don't are)" isn't understandable english. It doesn't make any ense. You can't have both "don't" and "are" together like that, so I crossed out the surplus one :D

Ok, I know that my English isn't perfect as it's my second language.
Surprisingly you make errors too, even though (I think) English is your native tongue. 😉

• Like 2

:) I know you're not a native english speaker, Coby, and I didn't criticise your written english. I made use of it as humour. But you know that.

On the other hand, I am a native english speaker and I don't believe I make 'english' errors, but if you see one, be sure to tell me. I do make errors, but not with the english though. It's with my typing of it. So many times I've quickly typed a word, with my brain racing ahead, and unintentionally leaving a bit off the end, so that it says exactly the opposite as what was intended. E.g. do when my brain is typing don't.

ETA: Ooo. I just spotted your pointing out of my not capitalising the word 'english'. That's not a mistake on my part. I intentionally write it that way, as I do with the names of other languages.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/9/2019 at 10:20 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

A lot of long time SL users will say that SL 1.2x was the best LL viewer ever and that when SL 2.0 came out LL totally messed it up big time, and never recovered. It's as if the official viewer was designed to frustrate noobs and drive them away.

Official viewer is rubbish. Almost zero mark user experience. Such as sail a boat, you almost impossible to use commands. It need to click on the conversation box everytime to input text. The dialog boxes are always full of the screen. The short-cut design is also crapped.. j to jump? I was rage quit SL few years by SL viewer 2.0. Since then, I never used official viewer again. If it is not EEP crash too much with FS on sailing, i would not try official viewer. But very disappointed again. And I found that the Stand button location is conflicted with most of boat hud. I suggest LL to design the UI of the officier view, please ask our staff to use it with all kind of sl activities.  I always think that viewer and avatar must be dominated by LL, but LL obviously give up both very important positions. 

On 1/10/2019 at 12:09 PM, Alyona Su said:

...Glass half-empty or half-full doesn't matter: it's the same glass. But some would say "Half-empty is CRAP and that's why I prefer half FULL!!!" Okay, fine, but why if Half-Empty "crap". Just because Half-Full is superior to half-empty doesn't make half-empty "crap".

Any engineer would tell you the glass is designed wrong; it's twice as big as it needs to be.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2019 at 6:16 AM, ThorinII said:

Henri Beauchamp updates their Cool VL Viewer pretty often, every one to two weeks, in order to stay up-to-date with the other viewers and to fix bugs. The latest version (1.26.22.29) was released on Jan 05, 2019.

Does anyone have a 'safe' download link for Cool VL.  ? Last time I downloaded it the exe was flagged by my anti virus so I didn't risk it.

48 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

Does anyone have a 'safe' download link for Cool VL.  ? Last time I downloaded it the exe was flagged by my anti virus so I didn't risk it.

The only site you ought to download the Cool VL Viewer is the official website of the Cool VL Viewer.

Likewise, you ought to download *any* viewer only from the official websites and sources their creators have set up.

Edited by ThorinII
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rasterscan said:

False positive. You're going to get that even if you dl from a "safe" link. You can disable your AV long enough to dl the exe as a workaround.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

First, you need a good high speed internet connection, along with the requeset wi-fi setup.  The rest of this may or may not be applicable.  The only two that I have successfully used are the standard S L viewer and Firestorm.  I have tried every combination possible with these two.  S L viewer works well by it self, but not in "multiple viewer" mode, sometimes it can get strange, for lack of better terms.  Firestorm works much better.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.