Onfez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everyone!

I'm pretty new when it comes to landscaping etc. I've recently bought a skydome and I wanted to know if:

• You can add water to it
  • Add or change the terrain (make mountains etc.)

I can't edit the land on the skydome but I don't know how to add terrain myself either, is this only allowed at land rentals? I'm pretty lost.

All tips are welcome for landscaping!

Thanks in advance 😇

2 answers to this question

A skydome, like any house in SL, is an object (or, multiple objects).

Editing an object requires two things:  You must have permission to rez objects on the land parcel you're on (this will be true if you are renting the land, if you own it, or if it's land where rezzing has been enabled for everyone, like a public sandbox.)  And the object must be Modify.  Look in your inventory at your skybox and see if it says (No Modify).  If it does, you can't edit it.

You can, however, ADD objects, such as trees, rocks, bushes, or even a substitute ground layer laid over the existing terrain.  Just rez them and edit them into position.

If you've really bought a skydome object then pretty much what Lindal said, but in case you meant you've rented a skydome rental, they usually have a control panel (sometimes in the rental box) that allows you to change themes (the ground texture, sky texture). Some skydomes that you can buy also come with this kinda feature, so make sure you read the manual or product description

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.