Parcel with sale sign on map

Nuno McCullough

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So last friday I bought my first mainland parcel but yesterday I noticed that on map that parcel still have the sign for sale although on the about land is already "not for sale" and deeded already to my group... Is there a way to remove the sale sign from the map?

(btw, the 10% increase on prims on land deeded to group is no longuer working?)

Many thanks

16 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Nuno McCullough said:

So last friday I bought my first mainland parcel but yesterday I noticed that on map that parcel still have the sign for sale although on the about land is already "not for sale" and deeded already to my group... Is there a way to remove the sale sign from the map?

(btw, the 10% increase on prims on land deeded to group is no longuer working?)

Many thanks

The map can take a while to change.  Give it at least 48 hours.  What size is your parcel and how many Land Impact does it say you have? 

Just now, Nuno McCullough said:

It's 1024sqm and the objects remain the same 351 after I transferred the parcel to my group :)

That is correct.  The 10%  you are referring to is actually the amount of land you are able to purchase free on top of the free 1024.  For an individual donation you wont really get any use from that.  If you had 4 people in your group all donating, that 10%  adds up to a small plot of land extra  (not doing maths :) ) 

32 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

That is correct.  The 10%  you are referring to is actually the amount of land you are able to purchase free on top of the free 1024.  For an individual donation you wont really get any use from that.  If you had 4 people in your group all donating, that 10%  adds up to a small plot of land extra  (not doing maths :) ) 

So what you are saying is that if on the same SIM I found 102sqm I could buy it without increasing my monthly fees and only that I could increase the prims on that parcel? Or the purchase must be done by other avatar ?

So what you are saying is that if on the same SIM I found 102sqm I could buy it without increasing my monthly fees and only that I could increase the prims on that parcel? Or the purchase must be done by other avatar ?

no.  you could buy 10% of 1024  ie you would have to find a sliver of land that was 102 sqm

38 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

two accounts contributing 1024 each gives you 2048.... 10% rounded down is still 204 ... enough to request some weird strip of abbandoned land adjecent to your holdings (for street access a backyard etc...)

Edited by Fionalein

33 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Im not sure if I understood this correctly, maybe I misunderstood something thanks to my not so great english, but - if you said there is not use for group bonus with only one Prem. account donation involved, then I disagree.

Avatar's owned land is (1024m2) 349 prims, with group bonus it is 384 prims. The difference is 35 prims. And maybe it looks like low number, but lets take into account that today many decors have 1-2 LI only, so 35 prims can make nice difference. For the instance you can add in the room hanging plant there, standing plant there, radio, pile of books, tray with coffee and cookies on the table etc ...or you can use the prims to make nice place to sit under parasol in the garden. With the right decor it can mean a lot.

Just now, loverdag said:

Im not sure if I understood this correctly, maybe I misunderstood something thanks to my not so great english, but - if you said there is not use for group bonus with only one Prem. account donation involved, then I disagree.

Avatar's owned land is (1024m2) 349 prims, with group bonus it is 384 prims. The difference is 35 prims. And maybe it looks like low number, but lets take into account that today many decors have 1-2 LI only, so 35 prims can make nice difference. For the instance you can add in the room hanging plant there, standing plant there, radio, pile of books, tray with coffee and cookies on the table etc ...or you can use the prims to make nice place to sit under parasol in the garden. With the right decor it can mean a lot.

you might get an extra 35 prims but you have to buy an adjacent plot of land or land on the same region  for 102m  to add to your 1024m

Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

you might get an extra 35 prims but you have to buy an adjacent plot of land or land on the same region  for 102m  to add to your 1024m

One of my friends meant it does not have to be adjacent (according to her you can buy cheaper hinterlands as long as it is on the same region)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I did. Many sellers are willing to crop bigger land for sale with the exact size as one Prem + group bonus. Or I saw them for sale even without asking, parcels of that size aren't so rare.  Anyways I was answering in general, that the group ownership still makes sense even with only one Prem. account.

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, loverdag said:

Yes, that's my idea. In fact the land parcel have already a treehouse, beach, boat and pier, trees, grass and some furniture and my next step it to place a small skybox (I have one with 10LI) with some furniture...

On my group I'm the only premium (all other are my alts) and I bought 1024sqm that I passed to my group, however I still have the same 351 prims and now I'm a little bit confused if I have to buy&deed 102sqm more or not

Yes, that's my idea. In fact the land parcel have already a treehouse, beach, boat and pier, trees, grass and some furniture and my next step it to place a small skybox (I have one with 10LI) with some furniture...

On my group I'm the only premium (all other are my alts) and I bought 1024sqm that I passed to my group, however I still have the same 351 prims and now I'm a little bit confused if I have to buy&deed 102sqm more or not

As Cindy said above, the group bonus means you are allowed to own more land without paying additional monthly tier. But you aren't given that, you need to buy it.

It was something to think about before you already bought the smaller pacel. The parcel you currently have doens't allow you to use the bonus - as Cindy said, now you need to look in same region, if someone sells there some small weird piece of land, you would buy for same group and use it to have more prims for the main parcel. I beleive prims are shared in the same region, so even if the new small parcel would not share bordeline with yours current one, it should work and give you the additional prims for the main parcel.

(I didn't try that on mainland, but I know it works when two parcels are rented on homested and they are on opposite sides of the region, so hopefuly mainland works same).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, loverdag said:

I did. Many sellers are willing to crop bigger land for sale with the exact size as one Prem + group bonus. Or I saw them for sale even without asking, parcels of that size aren't so rare.  Anyways I was answering in general, that the group ownership still makes sense even with only one Prem. account.

Exactley, 35LI can turn out to be just the amount you need for your new animesh dog...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 1

There have been several correct answers here (thanks Fiona and Loverdag!), but I'll try to summarize.

The group land bonus means that, if you contribute 1024 sq. m. of tier to a group, the group can actually own 1024 x 1.10 = 1,126 sq. m.  This bonus factor is calculated automatically, when you donate tier to your group.  

The bonus does NOT automatically confer extra prims.  The group must actually own the additional land to get the additional prims that go with it.

The amount of prims you can have within a region depends on the total land that you own within that region.  If I (or my group) owns two 1,024 sq. m. parcels in the same region, I have a total of 351 + 351 = 702 prims available.  I can allocate these between my parcels in any way I choose, putting all 702 prims on one parcel and leaving the other one empty, for example.

This does not apply if I own two parcels in DIFFERENT regions.  Even if they are right next to each other, my parcels on different regions cannot share prims.

One other note:  If I have two parcels within a region and they are in any way adjacent (share a border), I can join the parcels, creating a single, larger one.  Likewise, I can subdivide a larger parcel into two or more smaller ones.  Dividing up land can have some advantages...each parcel can have its own privacy, music, and media settings.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.