Notices are not sent to email

Scarlet Vavoom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For quite some time I have not gotten notices to come to my email. I am working in SL again so need to get it fixed. I thought I would try to change my email to another but it does not send anything to my email for verification. I read that is a jinx bug atm. Anyway I can get it working again without changing email? Everything is set up right. Thanks.

15 answers to this question

probably not such a good idea to post your email address. Make sure your settings are correct and that you have enabled to option to receive offline IM's to email on your dashboard. Test it by logging out and having someone send a group notice to a group which you are still set to receive notices in. 

After that, if still no go, file a support ticket.

• Like 1

I have just got this problem too... I'm 15 yrs in SL and always had the same yahoo email.  I've set up filters over the years to keep all SL mail flowing as it should, and as of about Jan 1 I haven't gotten any offlines not even from my marketplace sales... Definitely something going on here.  I tried to reset the email but it's not letting me... in my viewer that is checked but also greyed out and says to verify email, but in dashboard it already says verified (of course as it has for years).  I wondered if anyone else with yahoo mail is having this since the new year... and looks like I'm not alone!  (hmmm)😯

16 minutes ago, Zeffie Brodie said:

I have just got this problem too... I'm 15 yrs in SL and always had the same yahoo email.  I've set up filters over the years to keep all SL mail flowing as it should, and as of about Jan 1 I haven't gotten any offlines not even from my marketplace sales... Definitely something going on here.  I tried to reset the email but it's not letting me... in my viewer that is checked but also greyed out and says to verify email, but in dashboard it already says verified (of course as it has for years).  I wondered if anyone else with yahoo mail is having this since the new year... and looks like I'm not alone!  (hmmm)😯

Dakota Linden has already posted in one of the threads about emails that its a yahoo problem.  I can't find which thread it was but its not LL's fault but yahoo and changing your email to something else might help

• Like 1

You're absolutely right, Cindy, it isn't LL's fault at all.

It is Yahoo's.

But, the only way to solve/correct it is for LL to contact Yahoo and work with them to whitelist emails coming from Second Life.  Yahoo is a huge provider of email, for better or worse.  So, this is an issue that potentially affects numerous residents even if they don't come to the Forum to comment on it.  Hopefully, the Dev's will take this issue to Yahoo and resolve it.

Actually... it does the same on Gmail... for me and another 3 friends on SL.  Seems like we all receive IMs as long as the sender is online when writting us. The sender also receives our reply; as long as one of the 2 involved is online, all works like magic. But if you try to write to someone by answering and older offline from your email, and you both are offline, the message gets stuck in world, wont come through... 

Does anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?

Thank you, yes I am aware, and so I answer only fresh messages that I received from an online sender...  but as soon as they go offline, so does the service. They can't read me anymore  when I reply them from email. Untill they log back in world... so far, I know of 3 of my friends that have the same issue and not only with messages  coming from me...  2 of them are gmail users, I dont know about the 3rd...

4 hours ago, JoysSound said:

Thank you, yes I am aware, and so I answer only fresh messages that I received from an online sender...  but as soon as they go offline, so does the service. They can't read me anymore  when I reply them from email. Untill they log back in world... so far, I know of 3 of my friends that have the same issue and not only with messages  coming from me...  2 of them are gmail users, I dont know about the 3rd...

Are you saying that you expect an offline avatar to get your IM that you send them via your email delivered to their email?
Instead the avatar only gets the IM you sent via email when they log in world later?

Edited by Whirly Fizzle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.