The graphics for this game have been terrible for a decade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I was going to suggest not playing but that would not be fair to everyone else who vomits when playing. Stand your ground!

I am a gamer.  Why not make the game fun, more realistic.  Why not upgrade it at least once a year?  Why treat me like a cuck?  I am a gamer, of course I am interested.  I am an addict I cant just quit gaming.  I need a new fix, I want this but why dont they fix it?  Why do you pretend it is good?

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, QuantumIncitement said:

The graphics are crap.  They have not been upgraded since the 1920s? 

Erm, Philip Rosedale was born in 1968. 

Of course, he could have been a time traveller.  Perhaps he went back in time just to pick up some old vacuum tubes.  Well, they might have been new then, but let's not split hairs.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, QuantumIncitement said:

I am a gamer.  Why not make the game fun, more realistic.  Why not upgrade it at least once a year?  Why treat me like a cuck?  I am a gamer, of course I am interested.  I am an addict I cant just quit gaming.  I need a new fix, I want this but why dont they fix it?  Why do you pretend it is good?

My non-coder layman's guess is because it's full of user-created content from 15 years back. Some of it's mine. 😈

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Hey, Quant...

In the unlikely event that you aren't just trolling, here's some things to consider.

1.  SL consists of content made by amateurs...us residents.  Unlike the other games you're comparing it to, the content isn't made by professional graphics designers or optimized for performance.  It's a completely different paradigm.

2.  In fact, it's not a game.  If you're a "game addict", go play 'em.  SL is a platform, where the participants create the universe.

3.  While the participants create the universe, Linden Lab does provide the basic infrastructure.  And in fact, the graphical part of that infrastructure has improved greatly over the years.  We've seen the addition of:

• Windlight sky and water
  • Water reflections
  • Shadows
  • Depth of field (admittedly, this is mostly useful for photographers)
  • Light projectors
  • Advanced Lighting model
  • Detailed 3D objects (mesh)
  • Bento (avatar facial and hand animations, animation of nonhuman avatars)
  • Reflection and bump mapping for object textures.

You can turn your graphics quality up in Me>Preferences>Graphics>Advanced.  You'll need a pretty powerful graphics card to run SL maxed out, though.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

The difference between a gamer game and the grid is..you can download a gamer game..But downloading the grid would be like downloading every server and it's content that you played a gamers game on,all the while that game on every server being updated constantly but with different content and strains to your system on each server..

With a game,you just download the game which is maybe 20 gig or so.. you'd need a super computer to download, let alone keep up with SL..And before you were finished you'd have to keep downloading because of the constant changes to the sims on the grid.

I forget how many sims are on each server,but you'd have to keep up with that many for each server.. All the while having each sim have so many creators on it creating their own content with each having a different impact on your system..

With a gamers game the content is made by a few people and it stays the same until they update the game..

With SL,the users make the content and it is constantly changing..

I'm not a pro on the subject really,but i know the two are not the same..

I think the graphics turned out ok in this shot..

30183416608_13c4588bc9_b.jpg

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, QuantumIncitement said:

OMG you want my google plus profile BB?  I am not a troll.  I just asked a question like 200 questions ago.

than also answer the question from page one... WHAT IS YOUR SYSTEM
keeping whining about irrelevant things won't give a answer and we'll end at page 89 before Dakota or Tommy jumps in and locks the thing.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Paging @Klytyna VomitCam on isle 5.

Noooooo don't do that. Thats like calling in Thor to mop up spilt juice

3 hours ago, QuantumIncitement said:

Why treat me like a cuck?

When It walks like a duck, acts like a duck, looks like a duck, then it must be....

Edited by chibiusa Ling
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, QuantumIncitement said:

OMG you want my google plus profile BB?  I am not a troll.  I just asked a question like 200 questions ago.

G0.0gle + went belly up months ago didn't it? Not sure I've ever read the word "cuck" in SL forums before? Rather not read it here again either. (just my 2c worth).

Edited by Maryanne Solo
adoodle doo
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.