Jump to content
Sandra8675

help... I want my avatar to wear a thong.

Recommended Posts

I did change my avatars butt to be bigger.  I don't know if that is the problem.  But, now I can't find anything sexy beyond the jean shorts.  How to people find thongs, etc?  Is there a way to get that stuff for free?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sandra - I sent you a landmark to The Free Dove, where you can find tons of decent freebies.  You'll need to join the group when you get there, but then you can grab tons of stuff in all categories of clothing, as well as shoes and hair.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you want to wear a thong you may indeed have a problem. If you have a mesh body (eBody FREE has a curvy version that might work) THEN you could buy a thong MADE for eBody curvy.    Coral Island is the sim. Not sure of the SLURL

Insert mantra here:  "ALWAYS TRY THE DEMO"

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well..really, she never said what kind of body she had or even if she had a mesh body. It would be helpful to know what she's doing or body she's wearing so we can make good suggestions.

Screen shots always help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An answer can only ever be as good as the question posed.

A poorly worded and/or constructed question will likely attract further questions, or result in supposition, guess work, or a stab in the dark. A common mistake made by questioners is the assumption that certain facts are obvious or already known when, in actual fact, a multitude of possibilities exist rendering any answers a potential waste of time.

Hopefully, my reply was helpful :)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

An answer can only ever be as good as the question posed.

A poorly worded and/or constructed question will likely attract further questions, or result in supposition, guess work, or a stab in the dark. A common mistake made by questioners is the assumption that certain facts are obvious or already known when, in actual fact, a multitude of possibilities exist rendering any answers a potential waste of time.

Hopefully, my reply was helpful :)

So very true, but at the same time, a newbie to SL quite often does not realize that there are a multitude of possibilities.  They don't know what they don't know.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

I did change my avatars butt to be bigger.

   Small butts too, can wield thongs.

15 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

I don't know if that is the problem.

   It might be. It might not be. If you're referring to non-rigged, 'standard' sizes, then it may well be.

15 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

But, now I can't find anything sexy beyond the jean shorts.

   Sexiness is subjective. Denim shorts are often worn by actresses who play 'that' girl in those American high school dramas. Whether objectifying high school students, even if played by an obviously adult actor, is truly 'sexy' or just 'come on, grow up' is up for debate.

15 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

How to people find thongs, etc?

   There's the Marketplace, and a plethora of in-world stores, that caters to all imaginable lingerie desires - and beyond.

15 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

Is there a way to get that stuff for free?

   Yes. As suggested, Free Dove is one - Freebie Galaxy or whatever it's called is another. Group gifts from various clothing stores is another. Event gifts is yet another. 

   Keep in mind that rigged apparel is made for specific bodies. Whether your thongs will be in your butt or -in- your butt depends on your body, your shape, and what thongs you are wearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

We need a butt-floss expert up in here.

   Why, wasn't I thorough enough? Pouts.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Orwar said:

   Why, wasn't I thorough enough? Pouts.

Your answer was quite complete. I didn’t know you were a thong expert! Personally, I find most of them uncomfortable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Your answer was quite complete. I didn’t know you were a thong expert! Personally, I find most of them uncomfortable.

   Hidden talent. Wags eyebrows.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 2:47 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

So very true, but at the same time, a newbie to SL quite often does not realize that there are a multitude of possibilities.  They don't know what they don't know.

You are right...  I am still very new and was very unaware of all the possibilities so it would have been impossible for me to give more details.  Even though I'm still new I have read a lot and watched a lot of videos on avatars.  It still all leaves me very confused but at least now I understand the scope of whats out there.  As of right now I have the classic body.  The mesh bodies confuse me quite a bit even though I do think they look better.  My sim looks ok considering I know next to nothing.  Its too bad that I understand the vampire bodies to be mesh - but - I was told the vampire avatars can't be changed a whole lot.  It would be great if I could get a base model with a mesh body that I can alter.  

I did wish to thank you though for the store you recommended.  I did buy some things from there that were $0 dollars.  I did get a thong.  And it does fit my avatars body!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 11:25 AM, Orwar said:

   Hidden talent. Wags eyebrows.

You must have Bento eyebrows! Are “eyebrow rides” the new “mustache rides”?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You must have Bento eyebrows! Are “eyebrow rides” the new “mustache rides”?

   I do indeed! And... I don't know. Never tried that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Orwar said:

   I do indeed! And... I don't know. Never tried that. 

I imagine they work similar to a toothbrush, just as a thong works similar to dental floss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   ... ... That gives me all sorts of weird images in my head. Not complaining though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 6:16 PM, Sandra8675 said:

Is there a way to get that stuff for free?

In my experience, good thongs are not free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

You are right...  I am still very new and was very unaware of all the possibilities so it would have been impossible for me to give more details.  Even though I'm still new I have read a lot and watched a lot of videos on avatars.  It still all leaves me very confused but at least now I understand the scope of whats out there.  As of right now I have the classic body.  The mesh bodies confuse me quite a bit even though I do think they look better.  My sim looks ok considering I know next to nothing.  Its too bad that I understand the vampire bodies to be mesh - but - I was told the vampire avatars can't be changed a whole lot.  It would be great if I could get a base model with a mesh body that I can alter.  

I did wish to thank you though for the store you recommended.  I did buy some things from there that were $0 dollars.  I did get a thong.  And it does fit my avatars body!

I am glad to see you came back and posted again, that you weren't scared off by the tread going hijacked. It is much friendly teasing here.

The confusion you feel is because Linden Lab does not provide us with much content. Users, or residents, is creating and selling, and their bodies can rarely be worn with others.

Linden Lab will encourage this, since the SL creative economy comes from user-created content. That is why their mesh starter avatars can not be modified. They want people to move over to one of the user-created mesh bodies and heads.

I understand that the way SL is operating is totally different from other virtual worlds and games and it takes time to get used to it.

It is a lot of "slang", names of content creators, names of mesh parts, names of scripting systems used for avatars. This list of FAQ is a bit old, but it is a good source. http://meshbodyaddicts.com/mesh-body-tutorials/faqaboutmeshbodiesandheads/

The FAQ over does not include Bento. Bento is short for Project Bento: https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/2080-project-bento-live-on-the-grid/ When we talk about "Bento", we mean mesh made that use Bento Bones. My head has the full name LeLutka Simone Bento. Store name LeLutka, Simone identify the head as the "Simone" head and not one of the others made by LeLutka. Bento tell that it can be animated with Bento animations.

Ask for advice before you spend money is SL, all this is very much to grasp and it is possible to be scammed, or as new, you can buy things that does not work as you thought.

 

 

Do not buy a mesh avatar before yo have read about the free ones. They are excellent to try out how all this stuff works. As freebies, they may not have as much versatility as the paid for bodies.

https://ryanschultz.com/2018/09/24/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-free-mesh-heads-and-bodies-for-female-second-life-avatars/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Do not buy a mesh avatar before yo have read about the free ones. They are excellent to try out how all this stuff works. As freebies, they may not have as much versatility as the paid for bodies.

And use those, they are great tools to learn about mesh bodies. Once you wnat to invest money you still can invest in others ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am glad to see you came back and posted again, that you weren't scared off by the tread going hijacked. It is much friendly teasing here.

The confusion you feel is because Linden Lab does not provide us with much content. Users, or residents, is creating and selling, and their bodies can rarely be worn with others.

Linden Lab will encourage this, since the SL creative economy comes from user-created content. That is why their mesh starter avatars can not be modified. They want people to move over to one of the user-created mesh bodies and heads.

I understand that the way SL is operating is totally different from other virtual worlds and games and it takes time to get used to it.

It is a lot of "slang", names of content creators, names of mesh parts, names of scripting systems used for avatars. This list of FAQ is a bit old, but it is a good source. http://meshbodyaddicts.com/mesh-body-tutorials/faqaboutmeshbodiesandheads/

The FAQ over does not include Bento. Bento is short for Project Bento: https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/2080-project-bento-live-on-the-grid/ When we talk about "Bento", we mean mesh made that use Bento Bones. My head has the full name LeLutka Simone Bento. Store name LeLutka, Simone identify the head as the "Simone" head and not one of the others made by LeLutka. Bento tell that it can be animated with Bento animations.

Ask for advice before you spend money is SL, all this is very much to grasp and it is possible to be scammed, or as new, you can buy things that does not work as you thought.

 

 

Do not buy a mesh avatar before yo have read about the free ones. They are excellent to try out how all this stuff works. As freebies, they may not have as much versatility as the paid for bodies.

https://ryanschultz.com/2018/09/24/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-free-mesh-heads-and-bodies-for-female-second-life-avatars/

Thanks again for all the information.  Its pretty hard to scare me in forums...  I'm a member of a notoriously ultra harsh forum on the internet - but - I have to use it for the industry I work in...  lol...  It will take a bit of time to understand everything involved.  I had no idea there was so much to learn before starting.  I will take your recommendations.  I was leaning toward taking the easy way out and paying to have a base model avatar made.  But, I will try to deal with the free ones first.  

There is a person who contacted me from a club last night.  He said he gives a free mesh body and 2 free body parts.  I'll see if I can locate the link later and post it here to see if anyone has any opinions on it.  I understand from a different person that the hands, feet, head, hair, etc are all separate.  So, I'm afraid I may not get a full body for 'free.'

Edited by Sandra8675

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

I understand from a different person that the hands, feet, head, hair, etc are all separate.  So, I'm afraid I may not get a full body for 'free.'

Most mesh bodies actually DO include the feet and hands.  Mesh heads are separate and a bit pricey - except for the few freebie bodies that include heads.  I wouldn't recommend messing with a mesh head right off the bat (unless it is one of the freebie combo bodies).  Quite a few of us still use our system classic head with our mesh bodies.  You can deal with figuring out the head part after you work through the body stuff.

Grab one or more of the freebie/cheapie bodies from the 'ryanshultz.com' link and play around with them.  That will get you familiar with some of the HUD functionality associated with mesh bodies and how mesh clothing fits on the mesh bodies.  Note that many of them do not let you customize the skin, but they are still a good starting place. 

When you decide to actually buy a mesh body, you can get demos of them and then also get demos of skins (skin appliers for the mesh body part and regular system skin for a system head).  Try the various skin demos with the various mesh body demos to see what you actually like.

Things like hair, clothing, shoes, etc... are definitely all separate items.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ibnsane said:

All this over a thong and now my head hurts LOL

You’re not supposed to wear it on your head! (Google has pictures of that, but not good enough to post.)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You’re not supposed to wear it on your head! (Google has pictures of that, but not good enough to post.)

Fine I'll just leave it in my pocket then!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...