Closing a Group

kasha Davi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A friend was going to help me build a sim, we were in a relationship, so i had him create the group for the land. (It is my sim, and my baby - he was helping.) We broke up 6 months later and he left the groups... now 2 months later he is threatening to close the group. He cant if he is not even a member right? He would have to kick everyone?

4 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, kasha Davi said:

A friend was going to help me build a sim, we were in a relationship, so i had him create the group for the land. (It is my sim, and my baby - he was helping.) We broke up 6 months later and he left the groups... now 2 months later he is threatening to close the group. He cant if he is not even a member right? He would have to kick everyone?

Technically he can't but we have heard of isolated cases where LL have reinstated a group's founder if they request control back. 

Kasha, this could be complicated.  Be sure you do it right!

First, are you a group owner?  That is, are you in the Owner role?  If so, your former partner cannot kick you out of the group or change your Owner role, even if he is also a group Owner.  In that case, his threat to disband the group is an empty one.  You DO need at least two members in the group; if he leaves and you are the only member, the group will be dissolved within 48 hours.  You can prevent this by adding your own alt to the group.

Also, if the group owns land, it will not be dissolved, even if only one member remains.

Now, let's assume that you want to change the ownership of the land, so you can exclude your former partner.  I am also going to assume the land is already deeded to your existing group ("Group A").

To change the ownership of the land to a new group, wear your Group A tag.  Set the land to sell to yourself for $L1.  Be sure you set it to sell to your name specifically, NOT to "anyone".

Next, open your Group A info window.  Go to the Land and $ tab of the window.  Remove any tier donation you have there.  You will get a warning that the group has insufficient tier.  Ignore that.

While you are in the group window, go to Roles and Abilities.  Make sure that ONLY the Owner role has the ability "share group liabilities and group dividends."

Now, switch your group tag to your new group, ("Group B").  Open About Land, and click the Buy For Group button.  Also check the "Owner makes contribution with deed" check box.  Follow the rest of the purchase procedure.

At the end of all this, the land should now show as being owned by Group B.  Group B's Land and $ tab should show you are contributing tier to the group, sufficient to pay for the land's upkeep.  If this is Mainland, the amount of land the group may own will be 10% more than the actual square meters of tier you contributed. (Groups get a 10% tier bonus.)  So, if you contributed, say, 8192 sq m. of tier, the group can own up to 8192 x 1.10 = 9,011 sq. m.

Finish up by adding your alt to Group B, if you haven't already, just to be sure your new group always has at least two members.  You, and...um, you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.