How do you create classified with more than 256 characters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

256 characters is the limit.

Description: By default, the parcel's description. You can change the text in the field if you wish. The maximum length is 256 characters. Unless you're paying very highly in a broad category like "hair" or "shoes", it is generally more useful to use keywords specific your product niche. Use relevant keywords, but don't spamdex or your listing may be removed. Keywords are "stemmed", meaning that you don't have to enter every variation. For example, a search for "dance" also searches for "dances", "danced", and "dancing". Entering a hyperlink automatically makes it clickable.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

256 characters is the limit.

So I imagine that one could make a blog post with everything they want to add, and then put a shorter summary and the link to the full thing in the classified.

Like: "[Blurb with relevant keywords about the thing I'm advertising], click here for all the information: [link to blog post]"

2 hours ago, BethTech said:

So I imagine that one could make a blog post with everything they want to add, and then put a shorter summary and the link to the full thing in the classified.

Like: "[Blurb with relevant keywords about the thing I'm advertising], click here for all the information: [link to blog post]"

There is nothing that says you cannot do that, but be aware that many people won't bother to click a further link. I'm not sure if a link would appear as clickable (never tried it; can anyone else verify if it would?) so - if it doesn't - then the potential reader would have to copy and paste instead. Given that many people in SL won't even bother reading Marketplace listings or notecards in products that clearly say "READ ME!" then they certainly won't bother copying and pasting, so you may be doing your location or service a disservice. There is also the consideration of many people being wary of links in profiles etc due to the possibility of using them for griefing purposes (who is to say what that link leads to? etc).

Is there a specific reason why your classified cannot be distilled down into 256 words? Some might consider than an interesting exercise in brevity.

ETA: Just realised you're not the OP of this thread. Apologies!

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.