Question

I am using the Voice Morphing from SL for Demons, but since a couple of days I can't access it nor can I buy a new package. Des anybody know why

• Like 1

25 answers to this question

The last few days there have been problems with voice. 

Voice is provided by a third-party, Vivox. There have been problems with routing between SL and Viviox. It is a problem with the Internet Service "between" the two. So, both SL and Vivox are dependent on a 4th party to fix the problem...

19 minutes ago, Antonius Ultsch said:

Quiet impressive that Linden can't fix it since more ten 2 weeks

see Natales's asnwer above, duh...

Also: This might be related to the abolition of net neutrality... look at your congressman if you want to crucify a suspected "culprit" ;)

There's an alternative to using the subscription-based voice morphs provided by LL.

The exact same software for voice morphing, Morph Vox Pro, can be purchased from Screaming Bee Software for about $40.

6 minutes ago, Day Ballinger said:

I'm having the exact same problem.

With probably the same solutions.  Try https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_voice

and consider Lindal's advice about Screaming Bee, which is the original source for the morphing software and offers a lot of options that are not available in SL's standard package.

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

With probably the same solutions.  Try https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_voice

and consider Lindal's advice about Screaming Bee, which is the original source for the morphing software and offers a lot of options that are not available in SL's standard package.

Thanks, Rolig! 

I'll file that for reference.  Voice works fine, but I am unable to purchase a voice morph package.

I got as far as downloading Screaming Bee demo and installing it.  But I was not able to figure out how to activate it.  Another rainy day project!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 7:02 AM, Antonius Ultsch said:

I am using the Voice Morphing from SL for Demons, but since a couple of days I can't access it nor can I buy a new package. Des anybody know why

Voice morphing delivery has been broken for weeks. This is what I get at Premium Morph Services island.

MegaMorphs: Your request is being processed...
MegaMorphs: Sorry, there was a problem activating your new voice font pack at this time, please try again later.

On 1/7/2019 at 10:57 AM, Nalates Urriah said:

The last few days there have been problems with voice. 

Voice is provided by a third-party, Vivox. There have been problems with routing between SL and Viviox. It is a problem with the Internet Service "between" the two. So, both SL and Vivox are dependent on a 4th party to fix the problem...

It’s hard to believe they can’t figure out a way to solve the problem in over a month. Voice Morphing must not be much of a revenue stream or they would get it resolved, or at the least explain in detail what they are doing to fix the problem like they do for service outages. I suspect they are not going to bring morphing back. 

39 minutes ago, GlenMarvinson said:

It’s hard to believe they can’t figure out a way to solve the problem in over a month. Voice Morphing must not be much of a revenue stream or they would get it resolved, or at the least explain in detail what they are doing to fix the problem like they do for service outages. I suspect they are not going to bring morphing back. 

It is only hard to believe when you miss the point. Vivox voice for SL wasn't working and would likely be part of the problem with morphing. The attack on DNS was resolved and voice works... most of the time. Getting morphing working again, while the OP problem, is another problem within the problem. 

Like a rattle in a car, if the car doesn't run then the rattle can't be heard nor fixed. They got the car running.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-226214
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-226122

Have you been helping in either of these JIRA's? Did you add yourself to the watch list?

Looks like this is only a serious issue for 3 people. I wouldn't expect them to expend much effort for three people when there are more pressing issues.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

6 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

It is only hard to believe when you miss the point. Vivox voice for SL wasn't working and would likely be part of the problem with morphing. The attack on DNS was resolved and voice works... most of the time. Getting morphing working again, while the OP problem, is another problem within the problem. 

Like a rattle in a car, if the car doesn't run then the rattle can't be heard nor fixed. They got the car running.

Have you been helping in either of these JIRA's? Did you add yourself to the watch list?

Looks like this is only a serious issue for 3 people. I wouldn't expect them to expend much effort for three people when there are more pressing issues.

Well I am sure the number is much higher and if they would track and analyse just the failed transactions they have since then on the Voice Island they could easily ensure the loss

On 2/1/2019 at 1:03 AM, Nalates Urriah said:

See BUG-226050, about not being able to comment on the JIRA entries of others. This creates the illusion that LL is doing a better job of bug fixing than they are.

9 minutes ago, animats said:

See BUG-226050, about not being able to comment on the JIRA entries of others. This creates the illusion that LL is doing a better job of bug fixing than they are.

That should be fixed now actually.
Any user should be able to comment on any JIRA issue that is in an "Awaiting Review" or "Needs More Info" state.

13 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

That should be fixed now actually.
Any user should be able to comment on any JIRA issue that is in an "Awaiting Review" or "Needs More Info" state.

Ah. But that means when an issue becomes "Accepted", others can no longer comment or provide more info.

14 hours ago, animats said:

Ah. But that means when an issue becomes "Accepted", others can no longer comment or provide more info.

Correct. But this has always been the case, so commenting is back to how it always was since the start of the BUG project on the JIRA.

Generally if LL need more information from users for an issue that is already accepted/imported, they will import the issue & then set the issue back to NMI so anyone can then comment.

On 2/1/2019 at 4:03 AM, Nalates Urriah said:

I don’t believe for a minute that it is only a serious issue for 3 people. Yes, I’ve adddd myself to the watch list. I’m not missing the point, it’s hard to fix and Linden isn’t determined enough to get it fixed. 

Is voice morphing working for you?

Edited by GlenMarvinson

1 hour ago, GlenMarvinson said:

I don’t believe for a minute that it is only a serious issue for 3 people. Yes, I’ve adddd myself to the watch list. I’m not missing the point, it’s hard to fix and Linden isn’t determined enough to get it fixed. 

Is voice morphing working for you?

I checked a couple of days ago, and voice morphing doesn't work on my hardware.

Of the 50+k people logging in daily, few are complaining in Firestorm Support, the JIRA, or this forum.  They are not showing up at the UG meetings asking for help or complaining. It probably is more than 3. And it is fair to consider that not everyone interested may have been able to click the JIRA 'Watch'. There may be more people jumping to the SL Status Tracking for the issue, which we can see a count on. I just doubt there are more than a couple dozen that care enough to complain. And that was my point in saying '3' and pointing to the JIRA. So, whether it is 3 or 3 dozen it is still too few for the Lab to place much priority on the issue. There are other issues with much more 'Linden' priority and that affect way more people. So, it will take some time to get fixed.

On 2/6/2019 at 10:31 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

I checked a couple of days ago, and voice morphing doesn't work on my hardware.

Of the 50+k people logging in daily, few are complaining in Firestorm Support, the JIRA, or this forum.  They are not showing up at the UG meetings asking for help or complaining. It probably is more than 3. And it is fair to consider that not everyone interested may have been able to click the JIRA 'Watch'. There may be more people jumping to the SL Status Tracking for the issue, which we can see a count on. I just doubt there are more than a couple dozen that care enough to complain. And that was my point in saying '3' and pointing to the JIRA. So, whether it is 3 or 3 dozen it is still too few for the Lab to place much priority on the issue. There are other issues with much more 'Linden' priority and that affect way more people. So, it will take some time to get fixed.

Well may be so, but still for. revenue generating product to be that long not on it or giving any information is not good. Simple consequence for me, less time in SL and more in other places

Premium voice morphing renewal is still returning "Sorry, there was a problem activating your new voice font pack at this time, please try again later."

We premium users should get a partial refund while this is broken. Yes, it's a minor feature, but we paid for it and we're not getting it.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, animats said:

We premium users should get a partial refund while this is broken.

Tell your lawyer, tell LL, don't tell us.

LL never gives refunds.  If you read the ToS, I bet you'll find that you agreed that interruptions or degradation of service or changes in services or benefits are Not Their Fault.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

LL never gives refunds.  If you read the ToS, I bet you'll find that you agreed that interruptions or degradation of service or changes in services or benefits are Not Their Fault.

True. See the LL TOS Sect. 9.2. It's quite clear. You cannot make a claim for interruptions in service.

Kelly, what sort of a refund are you talking about?

If you are asking about a refund from Linden Lab for something like Premium membership dues, forget it.  As I said above, LL does not give refunds, automatic or otherwise.

If you bought a product from another resident, in a store or on the Marketplace, you MAY be able to get a refund, but it's not automatic.  You must contact the seller and ask.  Sellers are not required to give refunds, and most don't.  However, many of them WILL redeliver a product you didn't get.  In fact, many stores have "redelivery terminals" where you can go to fix this problem yourself.