Option to de-render entire parcel

iamyourneighbour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was just thinking, since there's already function to de-render an object from your view temporarily or permanently, why not have it as a function that can be applied to an entire parcel?

That way if someone is not happy with a neighbour that is not contactable and structures you do not need to interact with in a life time they can just not see anything on the block even newly rezzed items. I mean yes you can circle them all and de-render but this would be a bonus to have for people who were going to go one by one de-rendering anything new that comes up in a nearby parcel, especially if you have an entire sky kart track with a badly made death star floating there.

I'm sure this must have been a requested feature, probably for years.

It's nice, but what I'd really like as a landowner is the ability to derender neighbors' stuff in the view of anybody whose avatar is on my parcel unless they choose otherwise (a bit analogous to Firestorm's per-parcel Windlight settings, pre-EEP). If they're "just passing through" on a trip, they shouldn't get my OCD-tidy view, but they shouldn't need to manually recreate my preferred derenderings to see my parcel in the setting I intended -- where the ability to have such an intention adds value to the whole concept of landowning.

This is all a super big deal for Mainland, and somewhat less so for shared-region Estates... but even the folks who own complete void-surrounded regions might want to see different surroundings depending which part of the region they're on so it could even add value to their (much more expensive) landowning experience.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.