DISTORTED CLASSIC BODY

sweetsbrowneyes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

EACH TIME I ATTEMPT A CHANGE TO WEAR A DIFFERENT BODY,  MY CURRENT BODY BECOMES DISTORTED.  THE EARS, HANDS, AND FEET BECOME HUGE!! -- NOTHING ELSE CHANGES.   NO MATTER WHICH BODY I TRY - OF COURSE THEY ARE ALL DEMO'S.  WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN EACH TIME?   ALSO, WHEN THIS HAPPENS, I DO NOT HAVE THE OPTION TO TAKE OFF/DETACH THE BODY -- ONLY REPLACE OR EDIT.   I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHYYYY CERTAIN ITEMS THAT I WEAR/ADD CANNOT BE TAKEN OFF - NOT ONLY THE BODY.   FRUSTRATED,  I HAVE TO START OVER EACH TIME WITH A NEW CLASSIC AVATAR.   OF COURSE I'M STUCK WITH A CLASSIC BODY, WHICH I LOVE BUT I WOULD LIKE THE CHANCE TO CHANGE.

There are four things you can never take off, you can only replace them. They are skin, shape, eyes, and hairbase. So what is happening is you've tried a demo for a shape. Typically shape makers make their demos with extra large hands and feet. Of course the actual shape when purchased will have normal hands and feet. 

• Like 4

First off, please turn off the CAPS LOCK. Using caps is considered shouting on the internet.

As Blush said, the deformed parts are because they are demos and a purchased one won't be like that.  Somewhere in your inventory, probably in the Body Parts folder, you should find your initial shape.  You can put that back on to replace the demo ones until you decide what to purchase.

If you can't find it, go to the Library in your Inventory and go into the Clothing folder.  There you'll find all the different starter avatars with all their parts.  You can copy a shape out of any of those folders to wear.

Side note - you don't really even need to Buy a shape.  All of the shapes in the starter avatars are modifiable.  Just right click yourself and select "Edit My Shape" - start playing around with the sliders until you get a look that you like.

• Like 2

If the shape makers didn't use huge hands, ears and feet in the demos, how many do you think would pay for the body? No one. They would just use the free demo.

If you are so annoyed, it is a solution that work for you. You can get demos of Slink hands and feet, and just wear the alpha mask. Same with ears. Use a free ear eraser like this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AITUI-Ear-Eraser-Free-v20-2014-Update/2030091

You will not see the big body parts anymore, and can concentrate on how the the face and body looks. Without high blood pressure. ;)

• Like 1

I am honestly not quite sure what she means exactly. It looks like she could be saying she tries a demo body and tries a demo shape and she she takes it off, her system body looks weird. But it also looks like she's trying to take off the system body?

If it's the first one: If you put on a mesh body and the shape that comes with it, your system body is going to be distorted because the shape was intended for the mesh body. When you take off the body, the system body IS going to look distorted because the shape you are now wearing wasn't intended for the system body. You have to go back to the original shape you were wearing too.

If it's the second: You can't take off the system body. If you're still wearing the demo shape certain body parts are going to look distorted, because the intention is for you to buy the shape. The shape you buy should be MOD so that you can adjust it more to your liking, at least good ones are.

If it's both: Once you're done with the demo and you remove it, remember to wear your original premesh shape and you'll be back to normal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janetosilio said:

If you put on a mesh body and the shape that comes with it, your system body is going to be distorted because the shape was intended for the mesh body. When you take off the body, the system body IS going to look distorted because the shape you are now wearing wasn't intended for the system body. You have to go back to the original shape you were wearing too.

While this is very true for mesh heads, it isn't for mesh bodies. The system shape under the mesh body actually looks very normal.

49 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While this is very true for mesh heads, it isn't for mesh bodies. The system shape under the mesh body actually looks very normal.

I know, but she said ears, hands, and feet implying both the body and head. It's a little confusing. Need a screenshot.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all for taking the time to reply, I haven't gotten a chance to read them all as of yet.  I'm just getting back to this question after discovering with/from a very knowledgeable and patient SL veteran that it was as simple as me needing the alpha, etc.  No one else that I asked AND went into detail with during conversations had offered this basic piece of info for me and I lacked the knowledge to know I needed it.  Again, I was attempting to wear a body on my classic body without making the classic invisible FIRST, which was causing the deformity - duh, now I know.  I had purchased an omega after being told its what I needed - I didn't need it BUT I DID/DO APPRECIATE THE INPUT.
Again, thank you all for responding.

Edited by sweetsbrowneyes
misspelled word
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.