Is it griefing if you push someone on your own property?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Yes, and then you said that you "couldn't be accused of griefing" for having such an item on your parcel. So I ask again: why are you asking us if it's griefing to push someone on your parcel, if you've already decided that you can't be accused of griefing for having a object that pushes people on your parcel?

As I was reading this weird thread, I just kept thinking exactly this. 

BilliJo, why in the world did you ask about something you already knew all the answers to? You clearly don't actually care what anyone has to say about it.  Do what you want with your hornets ffs. Seriously , there was no reason for this ridiculousness other than you get off on causing chaos.

• Like 2

I went to a sim once where the little used SL health meter suddenly became enabled. I thought to myself, "That's odd! I wonder why my health is showing?" Then an angry swarm of wasps attacked and killed me. After being sent home on death, I went back to the sim and had fun running from the killer bugs. 

So, no, pushing people with bugs isn't griefing. It's barely an inconvenience.

• Like 1

Ok, so God help me, I don't care if hornets chase me off your parcel but it does actually annoy me that you can't seem to decide on a motive for it. I don't know if it's a security measure or a practical joke, because you've confirmed AND denied both possibilities. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were just trying to start a bunfight.

So anyway. If it's a security measure, tell people they're not allowed on the land, or mark off the forbidden territory. I know you say the land description is from a previous owner, so, well, change it. If you really don't want people on the land, you could start by telling them that.

If it's a practical joke, give people a chance to get it and have a laugh as well. A tongue-in-cheek warning notice, either on arrival or as signs on the grass somewhere, will do the trick. And don't push them right to the edge so they can't explore any further. Have them get swarmed, twitch and shout for a few seconds and then get up rubbing their bums or something, in a safe area.

If it's just that you like being an arsehole, then own it. Don't start disingenuous threads to hide your true motives. It does, believe it or not, make it less funny.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

With permission, no need to ask for forgiveness.

But the Guvnah Lindon has not handed out a carte blanche until now, so being successfully accused on abusive behaviour might be some threat that constantly looms over her like damolces fabled sword. Must be the reason she keeps opening threads asking if borderline disrupting behaviour is AR-able...

Just now, Tarani Tempest said:

As I was reading this weird thread, I just kept thinking exactly this. 

BilliJo, why in the world did you ask about something you already knew all the answers to? You clearly don't actually care what anyone has to say about it.  Do what you want with your hornets ffs. Seriously , there was no reason for this ridiculousness other than you get off on causing chaos.

People in SL have an exaggerated sense of entitlement. Everything has to be exactly the way they envision it or all hell breaks loose.

Its not at all hard to imagine someone complaining that they were griefed  because they were pushed by the person that owns the parcel they were standing on at the time.

I've seen innumerable post complaining about zero notice security orbs, as if your rights were violated because you were instantly ejected from a private parcel.

Many many people in SL claim it is their absolute right to go anywhere they want  and if anyone impinges on that right someone must be made to pay.

My parcel is open access, until the hornets get you. Don't like it, don't go, Go, and get pushed off, too bad, so sad.

The only chaos being caused in this thread is by people looking for another chance to "get BJ".

• Like 1

I'm outta here. It's obvious that you never wanted or needed an answer to this question in the first place. You only posted it for your own amusement.

I'm too old and life's too short, I've got better things to waste my time on. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

People in SL have an exaggerated sense of entitlement. Everything has to be exactly the way they envision it or all hell breaks loose.

Its not at all hard to imagine someone complaining that they were griefed  because they were pushed by the person that owns the parcel they were standing on at the time.

I've seen innumerable post complaining about zero notice security orbs, as if your rights were violated because you were instantly ejected from a private parcel.

Many many people in SL claim it is their absolute right to go anywhere they want  and if anyone impinges on that right someone must be made to pay.

My parcel is open access, until the hornets get you. Don't like it, don't go, Go, and get pushed off, too bad, so sad.

The only chaos being caused in this thread is by people looking for another chance to "get BJ".

You still don't get it.  I don't care about what you do with your land.  What makes NOOO sense is the fact that you ask the original question in the first place.  You already decided what the only answer was for you. You never cared one wit what anyone else had to say about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Oh ffs. You asked us a question to which you apparently already know the answer and will not be swayed. The obvious new question is: "So why the frig did you ask?"

And the more this headache of a thread goes on, the more obvious the answer is.

It's clear what your motive is now. Just own it. It's funnier that way. This way is just tiresome.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

But the Guvnah Lindon has not handed out a carte blanche until now, so being successfully accused on abusive behaviour might be some threat that constantly looms over her like damolces fabled sword. Must be the reason she keeps opening threads asking if borderline disrupting behaviour is AR-able...

People tend to post about their interests.

7 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

FE083F65-DB49-4D6C-8D0C-3A7BE5209C0C.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Unless you sit, groundsit or use "Movelock." I'm just sayin...

Was that you just there testing it out? Or your aunt? Yes it's a pusher, if you sit you can't be pushed. Not much of a security orb is it?

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

You are still missing the point. If you were in the woods in RL there would be no warning if you were attacked by hornets. It's just not your lucky day, that's all. you got swarmed. 

People go on and on and on about making SL as "real" as possible. I did this in my own small way, but because it's not how others would do it,  it's all wrong.

If your intent is to make the SL existence, placement, and behavior of hornets seem as devoid of intelligent design as I believe them to be in RL, I think you've succeeded. Of course I simultaneously don't believe in intelligent design in RL and appreciate it in SL.

There is another problem with your implementation. RL hornets are not strong enough, even by the brigade, to push anyone.

IMO, opening your parcel to Public and putting in a description that basically invites people in seems contradictory to having them be pushed off the parcel - by any means. 

If I were to set up something similar, I'd scale back the scan area of the hornets (say 5-15m) and also only have them push the person our of the scan area, but not off the parcel - i.e. make sure the scan area doesn't overlap the parcel boundaries.  Besides, it is more fun and surprising if someone wanders the parcel a bit before encountering some nasty hornets.  Then the whole thing becomes more of a fun but odd thing about the parcel without the contradictions of what you are really wanting to accomplish with it.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

IMO, opening your parcel to Public and putting in a description that basically invites people in seems contradictory to having them be pushed off the parcel - by any means. 

If I were to set up something similar, I'd scale back the scan area of the hornets (say 5-15m) and also only have them push the person our of the scan area, but not off the parcel - i.e. make sure the scan area doesn't overlap the parcel boundaries.  Besides, it is more fun and surprising if someone wanders the parcel a bit before encountering some nasty hornets.  Then the whole thing becomes more of a fun but odd thing about the parcel without the contradictions of what you are really wanting to accomplish with it.

The problem here is you're basing your suggestions on some sort of real-life insect encounter, instead of simply satisfying a desire to push unsuspecting people.

• Like 1

If you were to section off a small parcel where your actual home is and where you do not want visitors to enter and then placed the hornet nests inside that area visitors would get pushed out of your private area and back into the public areas. This way your hornets could do their job but still allow your visitors to explore the area you've designed for public access. 

bjland2.png.7d8ddfde285f5fad846016e9c7abc4ee.png

Add a description to the private area indicating it is for private use only. No need to warn guests that hornets may be about because they are only getting pushed back into the public area rather than ejected from the park.

I have done something similar where I live with my home completely open to the public but my private dressing area is guarded by a security orb.  

Edited by Blush Bravin

5 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

But he's not. You are. The entire start of the thread is you questioning your own actions.

Actually it was a general question, I was just using my land as a specific example.

Next time I'll just ask the general question and leave it at that, and save myself a lot of abuse

14 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

If you were to section off a small parcel where your actual home is and where you do not want visitors to enter and then placed the hornet nests inside that area visitors would get pushed out of your private area and back into the public areas. This way your hornets could do their job but still allow your visitors to explore the area you've designed for public access. 

bjland2.png.7d8ddfde285f5fad846016e9c7abc4ee.png

Add a description to the private area indicating it is for private use only. No need to warn guests that hornets may be about because they are only getting pushed back into the public area rather than ejected from the park.

I have done something similar where I live with my home completely open to the public but my private dressing area is guarded by a security orb.  

Once again, there are no private areas on my property.

I saw the hornets nest, and thought it would be a fun addition to my land and bought it.

I suppose if i was trying to be mean, I could have just started a thread in destinations, "come visit my pretty nature area", then laughed at all the people the hornets got.

36 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Once again, there are no private areas on my property.

I saw the hornets nest, and thought it would be a fun addition to my land and bought it.

I suppose if i was trying to be mean, I could have just started a thread in destinations, "come visit my pretty nature area", then laughed at all the people the hornets got.

giphy.gif.9da1a716d4b2230c8cb1be4a2c8e77ca.gif

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I certainly hope I'm not "typical". I take great pride in not being typical.

But, seriously? People stop and read the about land before crossing a property line? I just walk across. If an orb tells me to leave, then I leave. If not, i figure it's open to explore. If i get half way across and get attacked by killer bees or a rabid dog, or zombies, i just laugh and move on.

Yes, every immature person wants people to think they're different, and it's no surprise to me that you feel yourself entitled to go anywhere you choose.  Because SL is just such a laugh, isn't it?

58 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Actually it was a general question, I was just using my land as a specific example.

Next time I'll just ask the general question and leave it at that, and save myself a lot of abuse

Fantastic, hyperbolic martyrdom!

I am out. This is ...for lack of a better word at the moment, dumb.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.