Premium purchased, but where's housing

FinnSereen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Read the informative article in the Knowledge base at 

You should also be aware that the Linden Home is not your only option.  As a Premium member, you have a land fee waiver that can be used either to pay for the monthly fees for a Linden Home or for any 1024 sq m parcel of land that you buy on the Mainland continent. The Linden Home offers you several advantages, of course.  You get the house as well as the land, and the house does not count against the Land Impact allowance for the parcel.  That means that you may use the entire allowance for furniture and decorative items.  As you read that Knowledge Base article, note that the covenant for a Linden Home also has some restrictions, however.  You may not modify the outside of the home, or conduct a business there, or build a structure in the sky, for example.  If you buy a parcel and build your own home, you have no such restrictions.  Many newcomers, therefore, select a Linden Home as a starter residence to live in while they learn how SL works, and then move to a Mainland parcel elsewhere when they have scoped things out.  The choice is entirely yours.  I have a good friend who has had a Linden Home since she was a newcomer in 2007, and I know many others who use their land fee waiver on their own land.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FinnSereen said:

the sequence for obtaining a house with premium membership didn't flow the way I thought. I paid premium membership, but no linden home is forthcoming. Maybe it is maintenace, but not sure what to do now.

You need to go pick OUT a house style in the backend on the website and then you will be given a place. It doesn't end up in your inventory. Someone with more experience in that can tell you how.   There should be something on you account pages about choosing a Linden Home.   

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FinnSereen said:

the sequence for obtaining a house with premium membership didn't flow the way I thought. I paid premium membership, but no linden home is forthcoming. Maybe it is maintenace, but not sure what to do now.

As Chic said, you need to request the free home. Log into your Dashboard at https://secondlife.com then look on the right for this:

Starter_home.PNG.6b6722f149f977e280242a55b98c0340.PNG

Click on Get Your Home Now, then follow the instructions. After you click on Accept you'll be taken to a page that gives the information on the home's location.

Thanks for the answers. I do believe there was a bit of a lag, but I found it. At least I have it as a home to go to now when I am trying to figure things out better (like why some direction bars such as previous location seem to have disappeared on me.) 

Learning experiences are good as I take things slow here. Thanks again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.