Highly populated rental areas?

pastelpastelbun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This may be where I should recommend my own Coniston/Keswick - I think that's about as close as you can get with a more "neutral" theme than the ones Roxy mentioned.

But you should be aware there are several limitations to what is possible to achieve of highly populated communities in SL.

One is that even if people live close together, they aren't likely to be logged on at the same time. If your neighbors live in a diferent time zone in RL (and most of them probably do), there's very little chance you'll meet them very often.

Another is that if you want community living, you have the same responsibility towards your neighbours as they have towards you. This is something many SL'ers find very hard to understand and accept. ;)

And of course, a sim only has a limited amount of resources. The more crowded it is, the less there is for each user.

Edited by ChinRey

dense populated... you might get the worst experience you ever seen.

I'd run as far as possible when i see a sim full of 1024 and 512 rentals, all the bad textured, high LI badly made furniture, houses, and avatars around you will make most a lag hell.
Not to forget the many stacked sim wide skybox rentals... ten full sim layers above eachother with each a limit in prims... used to the fullest : RUN!

Get a living area at a mainly empty sim, and if you want to go out, visit more crowded places. Next to that... real communities are very rare, and if they are having open space it will most likely have a waiting list. Always keep in mind; what's the chance your neighbours are in the same time zone as you ?.. most communities don't look different ( in use) as the Linden Homes, because the users are from worldwide, you mostly see only a few.

• Like 2

Some of my rentals areas are what you might consider "highly populated" in that they have 512s or 1024s arranged around a commons area. Such as Tuliptree, Columbia, Jubata, Patagaonia, Grote  and others (use the search/places function with the term "Ravenglass Rentals" or get the latest listings card from my office in Alston.

Some areas have houses already placed that you can't remove; others have empty lots.

The real question is why you want the "population". What I find is that oddly enough, the most densely "populated" sim I have, Ravenglass, seldom has more than 2-3 people on it *at any time* because people live on different time zones and they are spread out. Others seem to have more people but sometimes it is groups of friends who already know each other. But sometimes people do meet and make friends on my rentals, if that's the experience they want.

I wouldn't say it is the most "efficient" way to make friends, however -- for that you might have more success going to clubs, events, etc. But if what you mean is that you want the "look" of a community, I have that, and my tenants who like that look are happy with it (particularly in the cluster of Zephyr-Patagonia-Grote-Slosser-Sikkima-Juanita around the Grote Pond). 

They don't stay home. They come home either to bang in private or to rez boxes they brought. I have a 80% rented sim you would be lucky to see four people on at the same time, they are usually out doing something and you also have to account for timezone difference. 

If you want active communities look into Tiki Town or Vila Mimosa but daily activities and town events aren't exactly PG

Edited by iamyourneighbour

On 1/3/2019 at 1:31 PM, ChinRey said:

One is that even if people live close together, they aren't likely to be logged on at the same time. If your neighbors live in a diferent time zone in RL (and most of them probably do), there's very little chance you'll meet them very often.

This is very true! Our sim has 10 people living on it presently and only once in awhile do you see some of the other people. We do offer lots of fun things to do there though for you to bring your friends back and have fun with!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.