Living as a female in Second Life - my experiences

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Can I just point out that despite pixel hair, makeup, or being good at "playing the role of a woman" (whatever that means), having a female avatar is never going to give you an accurate impression of what it's like to be a woman. 

I agree with Ingrid here.  It brought up a lot of feelings in me regarding discrimination.  

A man goes from a majority to a minority as a woman.  

Not to mention women as a sex object.  

I don't wear a bra in RL.  I have worn a bra very occasionally.  They hurt so I don't wear what hurts me.   I'll never forget, in my 20's, meeting two of my rl boyfriend (at the time) friends who were married.  The wife was a busty blonde Swedish gorgeous woman.   The husband a very good looking Italian stern man.  The man upon noticing I don't wear a bra said to me:  "If my wife ever stops wearing a bra, I'll divorce her! (snarls)"  He meant it too...as he prattled on after that statement about her breasts as though those breasts were the only reason he found her attractive at all.   I couldn't believe it.   I felt like he saw his wife as a pair of boobs.  

As far as honesty brought up in this thread though...we cannot control other people, only ourselves.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.