Will Gaeta 1 ever be completed?

Heathernorton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was looking around at the different mainlands and i had never been to Gaeta 1 before. I was shocked to see that it wasn't completed on the east side. I kept waiting for my map to fill in. I thought it was lag!  😎  But did some reading and i see it seems to be an abandoned.  finishing off the east side would undoubtedly impact folks that thought they were buying a sim edge, but a nice slope to a beach would be better than what's there  anyway. It just looks really bad and isn't a good look for LL  to leave something unfinished and seemingly forgotten like that

That's where LL has put Sansar!  

Get those VR googles on... maybe we'll be able to see!  LOL! 

I've never went up to look at 'edge'... maybe I'll visit soon. I did look at maps.. checking roads/routes and I think some just RUN OFF over that edge.

• Haha 1

Maybe someday, when the simulators are moved to the cloud, LL could put 'on demand' water sims around the continents and connect them together so you can actually sail around and to other sims. But probably not since it would be an expensive investment with no return on it.  

looks like the SW corner of Zindra is the same way.. There is so much abandoned land around, you'd think they could use some of the existing server space to complete the look of some of these with minimal cost. I just cant stand the look of things that are incomplete! makes me wish I had never seen it, now it bugs me because i dont think it will ever be fixed! 🤐

18 minutes ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

I don't live there, I rent out land. I would love to see the continents completed, but the way it is now we get sea views with the small tradeoff of needing to cover that gap.

that would be my only concern at this point is the folks that got that land on a sim edge in many case bought it at a premium price because of that , but i think that could be easily remedied. A quick slope to the water or if they ever actually really finish it, give you first dibs at a new parcel comparable to what you have now without extra cost and perhaps run a road or green space by the existing parcels on the sim edge so it would be protected for folks that don't want to move.  ... and when I win the lottery....  hey if I'm gonna dream, may as well dream big! 🤪

Edited by Heathernorton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.