Unable to connect to voice

666LOLFUN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've googled and googled and can't find a solution. This just started happening yesterday. 

I log in and it says: 

We are unable to connect to the voice server: 

www.bhr.vivox.com

ports that must be allowed for voice are: 

:TCP: 80, 443,

:UDP: 3478, 3478, 5060, 5062, 6250, 12000-32000

please check your network and firewall setup. 

Disable any SIP ALG feature in your router. 

Voice communications will not be available. 

WHAT IS GOING ON :(

wtfffff.png

Edited by 666LOLFUN

6 answers to this question

Voice has been a flaky service since it was inaugurated in 2007.  It's not created by Linden Lab, but by a third party.  The viewer simply pipes the voice traffic through. It doesn't manage it. The service tends to get wonky every couple of weeks and then needs to be jiggled a bit to fix it.  It's not too surprising that it would act up over the Christmas holidays, when there aren't  many people to do something about it.  I know very few people who use voice, but I know it's frustrating to have any function misbehave when you are counting on it.  I suggest submitting a well-documented support case to let LL know that there's one more person with a voice problem.

Ok, so it's nothing on my end? I really hate dealing with technical stuff rofl... I can do it but it's difficult. I'll send in a ticket and see what they say. 

I hope it can get fixed... I just started playing SL and have put like 200.00 into it buying clothing... HAHA... I know so silly. It would suck to not be able to talk to the new friends I've made :(

Thanks for the reply I appreciate the help.

I tried to make a ticket but the only option for technical issues is "inventory issue".... ugh

Edited by 666LOLFUN

24 minutes ago, 666LOLFUN said:

Ok, so it's nothing on my end?

It's truly hard to tell.  If you have checked your firewall to be sure that you have made the requested exception for Vivox (the voice provider), then the chances are moderately good that it's a server issue.

27 minutes ago, 666LOLFUN said:

I tried to make a ticket but the only option for technical issues is "inventory issue".

Ah, there is that.  If you are not a Premium member, you do not have access to technical support categories.  In that case, you may have to wait.  There have been the usual number of other people posting questions about Voice, suggesting that it's a matter of time before it will be fixed.  Meanwhile .....

1. To be more confident that it really isn't a problem in your own computer or Internet connection, review all of the suggestions at https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_voice

2. Brush up on your typing skills.  Typed chat is by far more popular for communication in SL than Voice is.  Typed chat forces you to choose your words more carefully than voice, doesn't annoy other people sitting near your computer and doesn't annoy you with background human and animal body noises, and makes it possible to scroll back to catch comments that you may have missed.  I type with two fingers (plus a thumb for the space bar), so I make a ton of typos. These are a source of some humor and are no worse than mumbling in voice, and can be used deliberately as puns and other wordplay.

There is a voice outage on all the grid at the moment affecting the majority of people.
This time it's caused by a vivox DNS outage & should be fixed in less then 24hrs.
Firestorm support got hold of a Linden this morning who explained its due to the TTL and polluted DNS cache on the systems in between which neither LL nor vivox control.

I'm not sure why there is no grid status update yet.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, 666LOLFUN said:

I've googled and googled and can't find a solution. This just started happening yesterday. 

I log in and it says: 

We are unable to connect to the voice server: 

www.bhr.vivox.com

ports that must be allowed for voice are: 

:TCP: 80, 443,

:UDP: 3478, 3478, 5060, 5062, 6250, 12000-32000

please check your network and firewall setup. 

Disable any SIP ALG feature in your router. 

Voice communications will not be available. 

WHAT IS GOING ON :(

wtfffff.png

I have the same problem!!!

Did you fix it?!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.