Land for sale that is not for sale

Female Winslet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I see this quite a lot on the mainland. Someone buys a parcel. They set it for sale at a ridiculous price (like 100,000L for a 512m plot that is not at all special) and then they build on it and use it like any other plot. In a few cases, I’ve seen such land be for rent, so I suppose it was a way to advertise. But in most cases, it’s not an ad at all.

What is that about?

I have a couple plots like this myself. I want to sell off all but one of my plots. I have priced them all very high. But the prices are actually based on the idea that if the one with the lowest price sells first, I will adjust the others. But I'd rather not see the others go until after 'things get started' unless it is for so much that I am then willing to just dump the rest for next to nothing...

In the past when I have sold multiple lots at the same time, I have in the end found myself left holding on to plots I didn't like and couldn't sell, and having to dump them to land-bots for next to 0...

So this time my prices are based on how much I personally am attached to the plot... not on it's market value... which means all but one of them are above market by wide amounts, and the one is actually 1/4th of the market value nearby land barons used the last time I saw them have successful sales... (but because it is double prim land on a nearly empty sim, that 1/4th is still high).

So...

Sometimes people want to sell, but aren't sure... so they set a price of "if this, them I'm OK with having to move again", or they want to sell, but they have some reason for having an order they want stuff to go in... But then a price at which they're willing to throw out order.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

It's no problem that it's buildings on it. At least not for me.

It is practical, since the size in m length and width isn't easy to see. I clicked the mouse on the parcel, got the name, found it on the MP and saw how big it was. 29 m x 32 m. I can compare it with my houses and see the fit. I can eyeball the garden furniture and pool also.

Faster than wearing an attached prim and stretch it, standing still in the middle of the plot and trying to fit it in the parcel boundaries to see what I can have there.

On 1/2/2019 at 7:54 PM, Marianne Little said:

It's no problem that it's buildings on it. At least not for me.

It is practical, since the size in m length and width isn't easy to see. I clicked the mouse on the parcel, got the name, found it on the MP and saw how big it was. 29 m x 32 m. I can compare it with my houses and see the fit. I can eyeball the garden furniture and pool also.

Faster than wearing an attached prim and stretch it, standing still in the middle of the plot and trying to fit it in the parcel boundaries to see what I can have there.

What I do is open the edit terrain window on select land and drag a narrow strip along a size. when you get to the end divide the sqm by 4 to get the length of that side, then repeat for the other side.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.