Jump to content
chibiusa Ling

Anyone else having voice issues?

Recommended Posts

Me and my friends and even others I have spoken to can not connect to voice and haven't been able to pretty much since last night. Anyone know anything?. Theres nothing listed on the SL status page about the voice service being down but there seems to definitely be some kind of issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a voice outage on all the grid at the moment affecting the majority of people.
This time it's caused by a vivox DNS outage & should be fixed in less then 24hrs.
Firestorm support got hold of a Linden this morning who explained its due to the TTL and polluted DNS cache on the systems in between which neither LL nor vivox control.

I'm not sure why there is no grid status update yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

There is a voice outage on all the grid at the moment affecting the majority of people.
This time it's caused by a vivox DNS outage & should be fixed in less then 24hrs.
Firestorm support got hold of a Linden this morning who explained its due to the TTL and polluted DNS cache on the systems in between which neither LL nor vivox control.

I'm not sure why there is no grid status update yet.

Holiday, january 1st most companies are closed and LL would be running on a skeleton crew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed this problem new years Eve.   I had voice up til noon sl time then my voice went completely out.   But I notice if I go on a hot spot off my phone   sometimes  my voice is there sometimes its not.  So I am really lost is it my internet or is it SL.   My voice sitll has not come back after  three days.   Anyone else still not have voice optiions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check what your system sees as the IP address for www.bhr.vivox.com (that's the voice service for the main grid).

In a terminal window, type:

nslookup www.bhr.vivox.com

The correct answer is 74.201.103.238

If you do not get that answer, it means that your system is trying to contact the wrong service. Rebooting your system may fix it; if not, it should correct itself eventually (the actual problem has already been fixed, but some DNS servers are incorrectly still giving out old addresses or otherwise failing to provide the correct one above).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your answer ! Of course I don't have 74.201.103.238 as answer but 208.91.197.27... How can we change that, exactly ? 😨 What do you mean by "rebooting your system" ? And if it should correct itself eventually, how long will it take ? 😵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The odd thing for me is that it works fine in Voice Echo Canyon and I hear myself via Voice, yet when I go elsewhere, it looks like it's working but I really can't hear a thing anyone else says.

This is what I get when I do the nslookup: zvNtctt.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Selene Jurassic said:

Thanks for your answer ! Of course I don't have 74.201.103.238 as answer but 208.91.197.27... How can we change that, exactly ? 😨 What do you mean by "rebooting your system" ? And if it should correct itself eventually, how long will it take ? 😵

I am like 99% sure that by "reboot your system" he just means "restart your computer", lol.

 

I never have voice on unless I'm exploring with friends (and even then we almost always use Discord), and of course the day I want to start using it casually is the day it all crashes, augh.

Edited by Kai Lyvingstone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally managed to fix this issue for myself. I'm using Firestorm. I noticed that it was working fine in Catznip, so I took all the voice files in Firestorm's installation folder and put them in a different folder, and then copied over these files from Catznip's installation location. I logged in, and now I can hear people again!

iQeCS92.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2019 at 1:49 AM, Kai Lyvingstone said:

I am like 99% sure that by "reboot your system" he just means "restart your computer", lol.

 

I never have voice on unless I'm exploring with friends (and even then we almost always use Discord), and of course the day I want to start using it casually is the day it all crashes, augh.

If by "reboot your system" he meant "restart your computer"... then it didn't work. I already tried that days ago. Weirdly, I logged in SL an hour ago, it worked, then had to restart my computer and now it doesn't work anymore... No wonders people prefer skype or discord now, at least there it always works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...