Highest population continent? (Not Zindra)

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I assume Zindra is #1, but I know prices are too high, and I don't need adult land.

Maybe Nautilus has a high population, but I want a continent where the main transportation is not sailing. I want a place by the road if possible.

West Sansara, Bay City, is too expensive.

I seem to remember someone said Jeogeot, but I can't recall when or who said it.

Is the Wiki updated and correct? I don't know if it is correct when it says population med-low. And that is so generic.

I like a place where I am not the only green dot. I am in CET, but does the time zone matter? So many people log into SL early or late for them, no matter where they live.

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

... I want a continent where the main transportation is not sailing. I want a place by the road if possible.

... I like a place where I am not the only green dot.

You might wander around Heterocera, the "Atoll" continent north of Sansara, looking for green dots. There's usually somebody around many of those regions, although of course there are also some that are nearly all abandoned -- much fewer than there used to be, though. It has by far the most extensive railroad network and also (IMHO) the most truly beautiful roads in SL, particularly those along the coasts.

Its main drawback is some pretty funky terrain textures, which unfortunately tempts some landowners into adding a layer of mesh that never blends in to the area at all. So avoid those areas, I guess.

Edited by Qie Niangao
(grrr. "it's" != "its")
  • Haha 1

I was actually in Heterocera last night! I noticed many dots, and it has a nice cobblestone road too. The "wall" is terrible. Does anyone travel it? It ws some cheap land to the side of it, but no... living in its shadow is not worth it. Even if it was 4000 L for 2048 m.

I found the railroad, how does it work? Do I need my own train?

On 1/2/2019 at 8:12 AM, Marianne Little said:

Yes you do, go to @Qie Niangao's station to grab a free one (or many of the SLRR stations around, a lot have the free SLRR train - here's Tuliptree Station it should have one)... If you prefer mesh vehicles, michie's marines has 3 good free ones on MP to get you started.

Trains with train cars following behind the locomotive will cost you though... either Lindens or scripting time ;).

UPDATE: there are at least two public autonomous vehicle systems active, that partially use SLRR - if you intend just to look around those are great rides.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

I liket he wall and I do travel along it sometimes. nowhere near as much as I used to but thats because nowadays I don't travel much.

I saw some had built on a platform so they were the same height as the wall/road. It didn't tempt me much. Unless I built some space or futuristic home. I like to build something that looks right and a floating house should look like it has the ability to float. It is nice to live next to a road so people can say hi.

You travel the wall as any other road, with cars, bikes or walking?

On 1/1/2019 at 11:12 PM, Marianne Little said:

Yes - but you can get FREE trains, too.

I believe Heterocera Atoll is the oldest continent, but also the most beautiful (in my opinion) because it was designed to have a theme of "very old, long time" type of look. Like some really old-looking country-side places, I've seen in Europe. I have 4096 M2 in Heterocera (two separate 2048s) - Both are next to Route 1 (the inner "highway" that circles inside the caldera) - anyway, big GTFO (Get The Freight Out game) activity in there also, so not only lots of green dots all over, but many in motion along the roads, the railroad (a.k.a. SLRR) etc.

We always TP here and TP there that we are really missing a LOT of awesome stuff. Driving along those roads and on the SLRR is an amazing experience, so much to see.

Anyway, search places for SLRR - There are many places where you can get a free train, one being the region Calleta (I hope I spelled that right) - and you can also buy trains on Market Place (some can be pricey though). I also rent a Track Platform in Bedstraw region. If you (and anyone else reading this) wants to explore SL RailRoad - let me know! I'd be happy to take you for a ride, or even let you, engineer. it as much (if not more) fun than sailing. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I believe Heterocera Atoll is the oldest continent

Heterocera was the second continent; Sansara was the first.  The connecting regions allow a fun connection via ferry between the railway tracks.  Sansara's track is short, and I always wished I could buy land at the Western end to help extend it. :) 

I was out driving around this afternoon, again, in Heterocera.  I think it is the most interesting continent for driving - not only does it have a lot of roads (and loops), it has a very varied geography which makes it seem more fun for driving.  And the SLRR is an added bonus.   I had land out along Route 5 for a couple of years.  One time I spent a fun afternoon driving, sailing, and then driving again to get from my home there to Bay City. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Heterocera was the second continent; Sansara was the first.  The connecting regions allow a fun connection via ferry between the railway tracks.  Sansara's track is short, and I always wished I could buy land at the Western end to help extend it. :) 

Ah yes, okay. I knew those two were the originals. My very first land was on Sansara, back when it was new and Lindens Sold "first land" for L$1 per Prim (Yes, I signed onto Premium like three days after I created my first account) LOL

15 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

I was out driving around this afternoon, again, in Heterocera.  I think it is the most interesting continent for driving - not only does it have a lot of roads (and loops), it has a very varied geography which makes it seem more fun for driving.  And the SLRR is an added bonus.   I had land out along Route 5 for a couple of years.  One time I spent a fun afternoon driving, sailing, and then driving again to get from my home there to Bay City. 

I agree to Heterocera is, by far, the prettiest Linden-built in all of SL. And we TP so much that we never see much of SL at all. Not in a contiguous way, at least. So when we see sky-trash and horrific builds, we laugh at "mainland hell." But traveling the same way as we do in RL (air, sea, or road) and you can see that not only is the Linden Build beautiful, but a lot of the resident build isn't all that bad, either. I would think the "trashy" is more of an exception when the whole is considered. 

Heterocera is also absolutely the *BEST* single continent for playing the GTFO in-world game.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 2:12 AM, Marianne Little said:

Welcome to the SecondLife Railroad. Be sure to visit Tuliptree for some freebies like a free train then take a ride on the SLRR to bedstraw ;) feel free to IM me in world for any more help and questions about the SLRR. RTCSL loves helping new people enjoy all railroads in sl.

12 hours ago, VenKellie said:

Welcome to the SecondLife Railroad. Be sure to visit Tuliptree for some freebies like a free train then take a ride on the SLRR to bedstraw ;) feel free to IM me in world for any more help and questions about the SLRR. RTCSL loves helping new people enjoy all railroads in sl.

When my dad and brother used to play electric trains I always rolled my eyes (because Barbie!) - long story short: SL Railroading is as much fun as SL sailing and SL flying. It really is!

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.