AidenMarkell

Looking for an active RP

Sovereigns of Elyona is relatively new but fairly active. Novus Ascending has been around longer

What sort of RP do you like? Emory Haven is a modern-day fantasy RP with a bunch of different species all hidden in plain sight, living among humans. We have a Discord server where we RP as well in case someone can't get on SL!

https://emoryhaven.weebly.com/

17 minutes ago, trynadawn said:

What sort of RP do you like? Emory Haven is a modern-day fantasy RP with a bunch of different species all hidden in plain sight, living among humans. We have a Discord server where we RP as well in case someone can't get on SL!

https://emoryhaven.weebly.com/

Based on the web site, Emery Haven is a rental region that just happens to have an optional role-play slant. I don't get the impression that its primary focus is role-playing. I'm not debunking or anything, I am asking that more specifics about it can be described because looking at that web site I stopped reading as soon as it said: "live in a community..." - So my immediate reaction is: I already have my own place on the mainland, not interested in renting a place with middleman.

So, help us understand better about this Emery Haven. :)

5 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Based on the web site, Emery Haven is a rental region that just happens to have an optional role-play slant. I don't get the impression that its primary focus is role-playing. I'm not debunking or anything, I am asking that more specifics about it can be described because looking at that web site I stopped reading as soon as it said: "live in a community..." - So my immediate reaction is: I already have my own place on the mainland, not interested in renting a place with middleman.

So, help us understand better about this Emery Haven. :)

Sure! I actually was on the staff team until recently, (RL made it hard to keep up), and I have close friends who are on it so I can clear a lot of that up. Emory Haven has homes, it's set up like a community but it serves as a backdrop for roleplay. There is absolutely no obligation to purchase a home if you want to RP in Emory Haven. Many people don't and have rich, well thought out characters who frequent the town. But, should someone want to live there and rent a space as their base of operations in SL, the option is available. 

Emory Haven's sim used to be solely dedicated toward roleplay as most RP sims are. We then realized that any stagnation in RP was due to time zones, people having to get off of SL for real life or internet issues. As a result, we made available the opportunity to roleplay in a Discord server. You don't only have to RP in the server, you can literally RP anywhere you like with your Emory Haven characters, you could even get some RP in over text message if you felt like it. The only requirement is to bring any roleplay logs to the server so everyone can be kept up to date about what's going on around town. This allows for people with different timelines, bad internet connection or those away from a computer to continue to be active in their RP without actually being on Sim. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, trynadawn said:

Sure! I actually was on the staff team until recently, (RL made it hard to keep up), and I have close friends who are on it so I can clear a lot of that up. Emory Haven has homes, it's set up like a community but it serves as a backdrop for roleplay. There is absolutely no obligation to purchase a home if you want to RP in Emory Haven. Many people don't and have rich, well thought out characters who frequent the town. But, should someone want to live there and rent a space as their base of operations in SL, the option is available. 

Emory Haven's sim used to be solely dedicated toward roleplay as most RP sims are. We then realized that any stagnation in RP was due to time zones, people having to get off of SL for real life or internet issues. As a result, we made available the opportunity to roleplay in a Discord server. You don't only have to RP in the server, you can literally RP anywhere you like with your Emory Haven characters, you could even get some RP in over text message if you felt like it. The only requirement is to bring any roleplay logs to the server so everyone can be kept up to date about what's going on around town. This allows for people with different timelines, bad internet connection or those away from a computer to continue to be active in their RP without actually being on Sim. 

Thank you very much, more helpful information. Can you please post a SLURL here (It's an official request, so does not break Forums Rules against self-promotion.) :) I'd like to visit to have a closer look-see.

Edited by Alyona Su

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Thank you very much, more helpful information. Can you please post a SLURL here (It's an official request, so does not break Forums Rules against self-promotion.) :) I'd like to visit to have a closer look-see.

Absolutely! Check out the Discord too to get a sense for where we talk/RP the most! It's linked at the landing point.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Crevel/130/117/68

Information about species and RP guidelines are available on the website too which I linked earlier. :)

Edited by trynadawn

I'm looking around now... it seems to be a city. I was expecting a small Oregon town with a bit of forest on one side or something. I'm in the Pacific Northwest in RL and it doesn't look like what I expected. I'm not sure where the Lycans and Merfolk would spend much of their "natural" time at, there isn't much non-man-made stuff here (it's wall-to-wall buildings, etc.)

I've gone through the web site in detail and it looks like a great idea and concept. I just can't wrap my head around how I would play my part in the center of Portland or Seattle. I mean, if I were a Lycan or something I think I'd settle in a small town surrounded by some natural (or "wild) country where my Lycan self could run around a little bit. :) Perhaps if there is a planned region redesign planned or something I'll come back to have a look. But being human (as fine as that is) while also being a Lycan (for example) won't be much fun if all the Lycan side of it is chat-story only and never the chance (or space) to wear that avatar in a plausible way.

www.noxatra.online is looking for rp'ers that enjoy a darker rp set in the late 1800's Romania.  We are also looking for those driven to lead.  The sim is owned by avid tabletop rp'ers and those that have a long, and I mean decades, experience with rp.  We are not looking for those that love to get immersed in a story and set the pace for progressing their own story lines as well.

On 5/24/2019 at 12:08 PM, Shibari Zipper said:

www.noxatra.online is looking for rp'ers that enjoy a darker rp set in the late 1800's Romania.  We are also looking for those driven to lead.  The sim is owned by avid tabletop rp'ers and those that have a long, and I mean decades, experience with rp.  We are not looking for those that love to get immersed in a story and set the pace for progressing their own story lines as well.

what is the name of this land eh? it sounds a place i might travel once it be completed