chibiusa Ling

Guys its 2019 what can we bring to SL this year

On 3/4/2019 at 6:52 PM, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Sit scripts with which you can set up and adjust sit positions and rotations with rapid arrow key taps, rather than tediously clicking on "X+' or "Y-" dialog buttons with 2-second intervals between each click.

https://gyazo.com/32aa26463d99419f0960ccddaa5f4260

Oh yes please! It's quite annoying to do the X+ and Y- to adjust the sit position with 2 seconds delay each click.

On 3/4/2019 at 6:52 AM, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Sit scripts with which you can set up and adjust sit positions and rotations with rapid arrow key taps, rather than tediously clicking on "X+' or "Y-" dialog buttons with 2-second intervals between each click.

https://gyazo.com/32aa26463d99419f0960ccddaa5f4260

Huh. I wrote a script like that a few years ago but never released it into the wild because I never quite succeeded in completely decoupling the arrow key controls from some seating-specific cam controls, but I forget the details now. (I'll try to remember to go back to the VRC platform at Foxglove where I think I left out a sample to play with.)

But you know, one big underlying problem is that more and more scripts are getting delayed multiple frames (Scripts Run % metric is falling) which means any scripted seat-adjustment is going to feel laggy in busy regions -- or now, even moderately busy ones.

That said, the direct control adjustment should incur less of that delay because it doesn't need the extra dialog round-trip, so indeed it may be a valuable improvement despite -- or even especially because of -- worsening script lag.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I never quite succeeded in completely decoupling the arrow key controls from some seating-specific cam controls, but I forget the details now

I did :P It takes controls of the keys AND the camera and keeps the camera locked with some rotation and position voodoo. It requires a 0.5- or 1-sec timer, though. But only during the 'Adjust' session, which can be shut down, else it times out.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 2