what are your plans for 2019?

Derekmate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In SL: 

• Continue to yo-yo between "I don't need land, I can manage without" to "OMG I need my own place!" 
  • Blog my adventures a bit more frequently.

In RL: 

• Be a better friend to my friends
  • Adopt a cat
  • Do more "inserting"

• 2 weeks later...

SL: "reborn" after some years of abcense;  without leaving the classic avatar on any of my (huge number) alts try to transform one in a fat and ugly nasty drag queen; imagine or find something I can do to return to business micromanagement without having knowledge of 3D creation; meet new people and socialize a little bit more

RL: in february I'll ask my boyfriend to marry me; live together with him (finally lol); and maybe buy a second home (just wish I had the same prices than in SL lol)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ginger Shostakovich said:

SL: Explore more; get my inventory down to below 20,000; get my creativity club off the ground (as soon as I get the land). 

RL: Make road trips; read more; learn Medieval cookery. 

Re: SL - my main 3 managed to delete thousands of old stuff and they are now around 11 to 14,000 (all other are below 5,000 items)

Re: RL - some of my friends are trying to convince me to end my medieval history dissertation :P

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 6:37 AM, SusanPoora said:

The other two most important thing Im focusing on, is to become an engaged writer and a good friend@family.

Those are four things:  engaged (congratulations in advance!), a writer, a good friend, and (I assume) a better family member.

"Writer" is incompatible with the other three.

(Well, maybe you can be a writer and still get engaged.  I do, after all, know a few married writers...and commiserate with their spouses.)

Edited by Lindal Kidd

6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Those are four things:  engaged (congratulations in advance!), a writer, a good friend, and (I assume) a better family member.

"Writer" is incompatible with the other three.

(Well, maybe you can be a writer and still get engaged.  I do, after all, know a few married writers...and commiserate with their spouses.)

I literally meant engaged writer, which means, to be a committed writer and not a detached one. So probably, it would group into three according to you, but then again, I mentioned in such way because I dont mean to seperate family and friends at this point of life; I purposely put them together. It is more like a expression. 

So, becoming an engaged writer and being a considerate friend&family is how I would like to see it group. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Kotelle said:

I forgot that I would really like to attend one of Sunday breakfasts organized by The Forum Cartel group. Hope to overcome my extreme shyness and maybe join a meeting before this year ends

They still exist?  I haven't been there in years!  I'll have to check it out.  I have some ancient pictures my first av took of a Forum Cartel Halloween party back in 2009 (I think it was 2009 anyway).  Not the best quality, but I didn't have the best computer back then.   Those are Maddie's legs btw.

Edited by kali Wylder
ETA those are Maddie's legs btw

Holy crap!  Chris Norse is in that picture!  For those of you who aren't Real Old School, Chris was one of the original founders of The Forum Cartel.  He hasn't been around for many a year now; I suspect his serious RL health issues finally got the better of him.  He was a wonderful guy, and his politics were way to the right of Gengis Khan.

Kotelle, the Breakfast Club is still a regular thing, hosted by Hippie Bowman.  If you join The Forum Cartel group, you'll get a notice of them...Sunday mornings, 0900 SL Time.  The location varies each week.  I hope you come to one!

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Holy crap!  Chris Norse is in that picture!  For those of you who aren't Real Old School, Chris was one of the original founders of The Forum Cartel.  He hasn't been around for many a year now; I suspect his serious RL health issues finally got the better of him.  He was a wonderful guy, and his politics were way to the right of Gengis Khan.

Kotelle, the Breakfast Club is still a regular thing, hosted by Hippie Bowman.  If you join The Forum Cartel group, you'll get a notice of them...Sunday mornings, 0900 SL Time.  The location varies each week.  I hope you come to one!

Here is a slightly better shot of him, you can see more than just his name

fchp6

oh, I am in the group, I joined few months ago and I see the invitation every weekend. The thing is that I tried to be more social towards some people and it didn’t work out for me so I gave up the idea of attending the breakfast even before trying. I am just bad at chit chats, but I guess I need to improve before Maddie hunts me down

5 hours ago, Kotelle said:

oh, I am in the group, I joined few months ago and I see the invitation every weekend. The thing is that I tried to be more social towards some people and it didn’t work out for me so I gave up the idea of attending the breakfast even before trying. I am just bad at chit chats, but I guess I need to improve before Maddie hunts me down

Is it mandatory to have voice? Usually I rather write

RL: I'd like to finally finish my novel (have been working on it on/off since 2014), then hopefully start shopping around for an agent/publisher.  I'd also love to move closer to my kids, and finally get some major organization happening.

SL: I'd like to find out how to market my photography more, and maybe be able to own a small piece of land for a gallery.  I've also been thinking of trying to be more social inworld, but my extreme introversion seems to be working against that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.