Lindal Kidd

Why is the Forum so SLOW lately?

Question

The last few days, when I reply to forum posts, especially if I have included a quote from another post in my response, the speed of text entry has gotten painfully slow.  I type way faster than the text appears, and moving the cursor back to correct a typo becomes an exercise in patience, and frustration.  I'm using the Firefox browser.

11 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Y2K!!!   😱. OMG!!!

we’re just doomed Now!!

Edited by TechDave
  • Haha 1

I haven't noticed that myself, Lindal, but I am using Chrome as my browser on this machine.  I've been in the forums a good chunk of today, so I would have noticed a slowdown by now.  Do you have something running in the background?  Updating your software, doing a really deep virus scan?

Fine for me also.  Have you checked malware? Defragged?   I am in Chrome also but not sure that it matters. 

Maybe I'll try Chrome again for a while.  Firefox has been messing up in some other areas too, like not showing the text on one of my blog posts.

Posted (edited)

I don't see any typing slowdowns, but when I click the Submit Reply button, it seems to take a bit long for it to actually save the reply and refresh the page showing it.  I'm using Chrome also (version 65.xxxxx), having switched from Firefox months ago when I encountered an odd backspace issue that seems to be specific to me and my installation of Firefox.

ETA:  I had to laugh at myself because this one reply saved and refreshed instantly.  Typical of most IT issues I encounter - the minute I finally say something about it, it fixes itself.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 10:54 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

ETA:  I had to laugh at myself because this one reply saved and refreshed instantly.  Typical of most IT issues I encounter - the minute I finally say something about it, it fixes itself.

They have obviously built in an A.I. feature that specifically targets you...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

They have obviously built in an A.I. feature that specifically targets you...

I know, right? It only lets me post once a minute.

On 1/1/2019 at 11:12 AM, Whirly Fizzle said:

Not seeing a problem yet myself.
Using Firefox 64.0 (64-bit) on Windows 10.

Agree, using Safari on iOS.

Posted (edited)

Not seeing a problem with Chrome.  Firefox is giving me some odd problems outside SL too...sometimes writing a reply on Facebook is as slow as the Forums here.  And one of my blog posts ("Marketplace Update") has problems when viewed with Firefox...if my ad blocker is on, the post text disappears.  If the ad blocker is off, the post text, and about three other places in the post, are replaced by spam ads.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

Huh - No slowdown at all with Safari on macOS, Safari on iOS, Vivaldi on macOS and Windows, there IS a slowdown with MS Edge on Windows though (edge=ugh) - I don't do anything, Google so can't speak to Chrome, Firefox seems fine, too.

My hypothesis is something in connection is doing it; not app-specific or the host, but something inside the Internetz Pipes.