Sign in to follow this  
SusanPoora

Second Life Exploration

Okay, so, I wanna ask.

I was thinking on exploring SL and document and all. Initially, my plans are: 

1)I'm gonna videoshoot and compile it to make it a nice video on the end.

2)I explore slowly, means, maybe I'll take one whole year to circulate the whole SL. And, it will be a full adventure story.

3)I explore at night time of SLT because of my own RL reason which I might just incorporate it into character reason.

Okay, so, the MAIN thing I came here was: Thinking on asking you guys to incorporate in my exploration roleplay, would you guys love that? 
For example, I posted that Im gonna explore starting at sansara at 12am SLT. And seeing that, any of you, just adopt a small roleplay nearby, like for example, as a train master at a nearby train station(do inform me, coz, Im afraid I might be there late or plainly miss out). So Ill incorporate you in my story. And, if you would like to join my journey, you could just join me. These are all IC for me, and if you wanna know me OOC, we can hangout later on, because, I do have a life in SL OOC.
So do you think, you guys and SL residents in whole, would love this idea of incorporating in my RP? Do you guys think all would like this exploration+documentation RP in whole SL, which are NOT GONNA BE RP COMMUNITIES. We will visit RP communities, coz we just jump sim to sim, but initially start with Mainland.

Edited by SusanPoora
  • Like 2

I started walking across mainland a few years ago with a friend, but it kind of fizzled out. We'd walk for a day, meet people, take pictures, then  I'd blog about it. It was a lot of fun. The blog posts are still there , and maybe someday I'll start back up again.

We had to skip all the general sims along the way though, so I'd plan routes that were moderate only.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a HUD you can get that will TP you to random sims. I use it a lot and have found some really weird stuff. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Random-Teleport-HUD-Random-teleport-by-one-click/6145133

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Sounds like a great idea! I'd watch your adventures. To be honest I think it'll take you more than a year to only cover mainland. I'd start there and focus on a continent at a time. Maybe tell a litlle about the history of the continent, do some interviews with old time residents.

Edited by Christhiana
  • Thanks 1

I hope things go well too. Anyhow, I think Im gonna change from video to blogging. And, yes, thanks for the warm support. I love that. Lets just see where this goes...

I've driven almost every road in SL, over 1,000 km. It doesn't take all that long if you go fast.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, animats said:

I've driven almost every road in SL, over 1,000 km. It doesn't take all that long if you go fast.

I dont know if Im gonna drive though, no car... Just gonna explore in whatever way I guess. I did had a car, but then it has no quality, and drifts alot. Maybe suggest a good car? I might just buy sometime!

6 hours ago, Kai Lyvingstone said:

This sounds like an awesome project! I know I've wanted to do some documenting of lands out here but I've never had enough of a drive to do it.

If you want, you can join me ^^ It would be cool too! I guess, my roleplay is transforming itself into a journalism journey!

7 hours ago, Christhiana said:

Sounds like a great idea! I'd watch your adventures. To be honest I think it'll take you more than a year to only cover mainland. I'd start there and focus on a continent at a time. Maybe tell a litlle about the history of the continent, do some interviews with old time residents.

Hey, thanks and, about meeting old time resident...other than finding them while wondering, what are other ways? And, to know the history about mainland, the ones documented bfore this, where can I access? Do you have any suggestion? Coz, I did saw some in net, but just asking you for your opinion.

On 1/1/2019 at 3:48 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I started walking across mainland a few years ago with a friend, but it kind of fizzled out. We'd walk for a day, meet people, take pictures, then  I'd blog about it. It was a lot of fun. The blog posts are still there , and maybe someday I'll start back up again.

We had to skip all the general sims along the way though, so I'd plan routes that were moderate only.

Wanna join?

I have walked every roadway of every mainland continent over the coarse of 10 years or so and it is great fun. I now started venturing off roads but the ban lines and orbs get me every time. There are fantastic gems to be discovered on mainlands and I could never go back to living on a private sim without feeling boxed in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

I have walked every roadway of every mainland continent over the coarse of 10 years or so and it is great fun. I now started venturing off roads but the ban lines and orbs get me every time. There are fantastic gems to be discovered on mainlands and I could never go back to living on a private sim without feeling boxed in.

That is amazing to hear, truly😇 

• Like 1

Here is a very clutter free, beautiful spot to explore on Mainland with some great, cliff-side, cozy log houses for rent overlooking Linden Ocean. Follow the dirt trail which is actually an old, dirt Linden Road, horse trail. I often start here and then wander down the road in any direction for a great exploring area.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Clinker/172/117/67

• Thanks 1

Sounds awesome and I'd love to see the end result. As a complete newbie it's been cool just hopping around and exploring, I also try to at least post a pic to my feed showing where I was so when folks look at my profile might give them some ideas. 

Good luck with the project! There seems like there is so much to see and I love seeing how creative the SL community is

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hoshiharetsu said:

Sounds awesome and I'd love to see the end result. As a complete newbie it's been cool just hopping around and exploring, I also try to at least post a pic to my feed showing where I was so when folks look at my profile might give them some ideas. 

Good luck with the project! There seems like there is so much to see and I love seeing how creative the SL community is

Yeap, there are alot to see. Thanks for the support!

On 1/1/2019 at 3:48 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Hey, can I get the link to your website? Thanks!

53 minutes ago, SusanPoora said:

Hey, can I get the link to your website? Thanks!

Pretty sure  I can't link to adult content in here, but it's in my profile.

And yes I'd love to join in, I'll look you up inworld

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2019 at 4:36 PM, animats said:

What's the point if you don't actually see anything? Here's the route of my trip this spring, google maps says I can do it in 18 hours, but I'm gonna take a week.

trip2019.png

• Like 1