I need voice help. Please read on and comment?

Mystere8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I am some serious need of assistance.  Back in May, windows did an update.  so did firestorm viewer.  My laptop is only a year old (Asus).  I updated both and lost all sounds, music and voice.  I have check my firewall settings, voice settings in FS, used the advise of forums, did a clean install twice...  none of it worked.  With the latest release of FS viewer (December 2018), I got my sounds and music back.  But for some reason, I still can't hear voice or speak,m even though I have a dot.  I've check Windows (10) firewall settings (using info from wiki and SL forum help), reset and double check all levels on my sound mixer, updated all drivers, even rechecked and reset FS sound.  I even went to Voice Echo Canyon, toggled voice, logged out, relogged to last sim and then tpd home.  Still have a dot but I can't voice or hear voice.  My mic works on all other programs.  I know its a simple setting, i just can't figure out what it is.  Can anyone help me please?  And thank you so much in advance!!  Have a happy and safe New Years!! :)

Edited by Mystere8

14 hours ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

Do you have access to any other mic's something old and cheap, or is this a built in laptop mic? just wondering if possible to check using something else. 
Did you also try logging into another viewer and back, or another account, sl is funny like that sometimes.

Hi,

the mic is built in and works with all my other programs.  I have not tried other viewers.  That's a good idea.  is there one you suggest?  Because the only one that I know of is Firestorm.  and thank you so much for responding!

5 hours ago, Mystere8 said:

Hi,

the mic is built in and works with all my other programs.  I have not tried other viewers.  That's a good idea.  is there one you suggest?  Because the only one that I know of is Firestorm.  and thank you so much for responding!

hi  the SL viewer would be a good start. You are very welcome, I hope you can find a solution. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.