Blogging platform?

Asylum Habilis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm thinking it'd be fun to start an SL blog, catalog what I'm up to a bit, but I'm also really looking for bloggers to follow. Tumblr seems mostly dead for SL (and unsuitable with their new regulations) is there any platform with an active SL community? Also, if any of you have blogs, please add a link!

4 hours ago, Asylum Habilis said:

I'm thinking it'd be fun to start an SL blog, catalog what I'm up to a bit, but I'm also really looking for bloggers to follow. Tumblr seems mostly dead for SL (and unsuitable with their new regulations) is there any platform with an active SL community? Also, if any of you have blogs, please add a link!

I'd post a link to my blog but it's totally adult.

By far the biggest SL community is, as Tarani said, on Flickr. There are thousands of individual users, as well as store groups there.

With regard to which blogging platform you use - since you want to write about your life - you'll probably find a traditional blog (such as Wordpress or Blogger) would suit you best. Both give you a certain amount of space for image uploads (which you can maximise by being careful how you save images: use an image editor to resize them to fit your blog's theme template, then save them as high quality JPGs, rather than uploading something like 5000px PNG files directly from SL).

What many bloggers do is to upload one pic to Flickr and then link to their more detailed blog post in the Flickr description. Since Flickr's changes will soon mean just 1000 images for free accounts that still means you can make 1000 posts if you upload a single image for each post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TatianaNikolay said:

Well bloggers that use Flickr will link their blog posts. Or some are Flickr bloggers and link the items in the description.

Yep this.  For those strictly Flickr bloggers, you are given a lot of room for lengthy commentary and links right in the description box.  It is entirely possible to never need to start an actual blog, if you so choose. Flickr also gets a lot more immediate feedback from the community than blog pages. There are are exceptions to that, of course..... those being the very big popular blogs, like Strawberry's.  But even Strawberry posts all her pics on Flickr with a link back to her blog.

If someone is interested in being a part of that community, Flickr is where you will find a big concentrated hub of it.  I know many also use FB as well, I do not.....so I cannot say for certain if it's preferred way to go. I just know that it is not my preferred way :P

• Like 1

As blogger I use Flickr, Instagram, Facebook to host the image (please note Instragram does not like adult themed shots like Facebook) but for written blog entry I personally use Blogger as what I always used when I have blogged in the past and yes, I also post the image in my blog - if adult then I post the adult version in Flickr and Blogger however is SFW Image for Facebook and Instagram but I do warn my readers or viewers that the NSFW can be found in my blog or on Flickr incase they are easily offended!

Blogger and Wordpress are still popular sites for blogging. I have a personal blog primarily to document my outfits at the start i opened up a Wordpress account and resurrected my Blogger account. Initially did a post on both sites and decided on sticking with Blogger as it was easier to use and customise plus i wanted to use a background i created on both sites and on Wordpress with a base theme i picked the blog post is overlaid on to the background making it unreadable. On Blogger with the base theme i chose it puts posts in a white page on top of the background. I mainly use the blog to note what i've been wearing with a few travel and feature posts mixed in just something extra to keep the SL spark going

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.